Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoMaster Beomaster 5000

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    hcraig244
    SILVER Member

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago……should have more sense after all this time!

s-l1600

hcraig244
      SILVER Member

Its in a bit of a state…..looks like its been through the wars

s-l1600 (1)

hcraig244
        SILVER Member

Sold as fully functional…….however I think a bit of cleaning (quite a bit actually) and replacing of dried out capacitors will be required before power is connected, some replacement veneer too I’m thinking

s-l1600 (2)

hcraig244
          SILVER Member

Making a start on “the low hanging fruit”,IMG_2079 to quote a project manager I once worked with. A friend of mine spent some time cleaning up the curser.  Interestingly this piece isn’t anodised like the face plate, which is probably why it oxidised so badly, I’m told that one can determine if something has been anodised by the use of a multimeter set to ohms……if something is anodised it wont conduct?….I will test this. New felt pads will be included too.

hcraig244
            SILVER Member

this is the internals…..was sold as “restored by seller”…………..

P1016773

hcraig244
              SILVER Member

made a start on the cabinet top, was in a bit of a mess so re shaped the smashed corners ready for veneering…..P1016765

hcraig244
                SILVER Member

I’ve decided on this african iroko veneer…..will need to stain it in order to darken it down to match the Beogram 5000 it will be paired with P1016768

hcraig244
                  SILVER Member

This is a slow and painstaking exercise requiring a lot of sanding and swearing…….cant hurry the glue drying process either….P1016771

hcraig244
                    SILVER Member

Oh…..and this has arrived from Frede……such excellent work, was a little miffed at having to pay import duty on it now that we are free from the EU ;¬)P1016775

hcraig244
                      SILVER Member

Cabinet top veneer finished, shame to stain it actually….I quite like the iroko wood grain, but will have to match the Beolab or it will look odd.P1016777

hcraig244
                        SILVER Member

Side panels have also had a clean up and a coat of primer applied…..P1016779

hcraig244
                          SILVER Member

This is what was living beneath the bottom cover…….

P1016789

hcraig244
                            SILVER Member

And I have now discovered the basis for the “restored by seller” claim on ebay……

P1016788

hcraig244
                              SILVER Member

This was interesting….on removing the front panel for shipping to Frede I discovered a wad of folded paper wedged between the panel and the chassis……..cant imagine what it was doing there?

P1016782

hcraig244
                                SILVER Member

disconnected and removed the tuning meter, front lens is a little cloudy from too much UV and some debris has got between the two halfs of the assembly….making it look unkept. Cant do a lot about the cloudy lens…I have tried in the past to no avail….but I can clean away the debris……..

P1016785

hcraig244
                                  SILVER Member

Not perfect…..but I’m happy with the result…..

P1016793

hcraig244
                                    SILVER Member

New feet arrived in the post…….drilled the old ones out and fixed these with bolts.P1016795

hcraig244
                                      SILVER Member

And made a start on the trimers……P1016799

hcraig244
                                        SILVER Member

Finished with the replacement of trimmers and capacitors, all except the channel seperation trimmer…thought I would wait until the unit is up and running before playing around with a replacement for that one.

P1016803

hcraig244
                                          SILVER Member

Thought I would check the fuses out too before powering up…..this is what I found.

P1016802

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.