Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Use Lab 5s DACs or the M-DAC’s DAC?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ScoobyBlue
    BRONZE Member

New to this forum, and would welcome some advice.

I’m using an Audiolab 6000CDT transport and Audiolab M-DAC, running into my beloved Lab 5s. Chord Clearway interconnects.

Any views on whether it would be better sonically to use the M-DAC’s DAC and send an analogue signal to the Lab 5s, or to bypass that (effectively using the M-DAC only as a source select) and send a digital signal to the speakers?

In essence, which of the DACs is considered to be superior? Or, is it more subjective than that?

The obvious answer is to try both options, listen to my ears, and make a call on it either way, but that’s going to involve expense.

Currently, I’m sending a digital signal to the Lab 5s.

To gauge how they would sound using the M-DAC’s DAC, I would need to spend out on decent analogue interconnects, and I don’t want to be doing that if using the Lab 5s’ DACs is considered to be the better option anyway.

For streaming, I’m using a PC connected to the M-DAC with a Supra USB cable. Would I get better results using a music streamer? If so, how much would I likely have to spend to get an improvement over the current set up?

Thank you.

NQVHNWI
      FOUNDER Member

I think no matter what you do…..you will be listening to the BL5 DACs regardless.

CD Digital >> M-DAC >> Analogue PL >> BL5 ADC >> DSP >> BL5 DAC >> ICE >>

CD Digital >> SPDif                                                   >> DSP >> BL5 DAC >> ICE >>

I would suspect the BL5ADC is the weak link….but just guessing. (Educated guess as I was never happy with powerlink only on the BL5 compared to the SPDif connect which was much much better)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.