Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Theatre Theatre with or without TV?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lely
    FOUNDER Member
      • Belgium (for now)

I am about to replace my Eclipse 1st gen with a Theatre. I’ve have noticed that B&O asks silly money for what is basically a LG G2, I can buy a LG G3 for way less. So thinking of buying just the sound bar with the TV table stand and buy the TV separate. Would I be able to mount the G3 on the table stand or am I missing something?

NQVHNWI
      FOUNDER Member

Depends on your mounting options.

If you want a Theatre on a shelf and a wall-mounted separate LG panel, then you order the Standalone theatre and separately a Panel.  I dont think the theatre comes with a BR1 but it does have its (cheap) wall bracket.

You will need to add money for the wings. I think the 55in is included(in the price??) but the 65 and 77 wings are going to be £800-1000 extra for a set. (you dont keep the 55in wings)

If you wish to mount the Panel and Theatre to be a Beovision, add another £1000-1200 for the SMI (Screen-mount interface). Then add £2800-2900 for the motorised Stand or Wall mount or £400-500 for the static Table stand.

There should be no reason why you cannot buy everything you want from the Dealer, less the panel. Tell’em you already have one.

NQVHNWI
        FOUNDER Member

Just to add a bit more accuracy, (but assuming Im not 100% spot-on…a BV-style Theatre is going to be:-

Then add-on the Stand of choice (motorised or table) and if you want wooden frets……

The screen cost is by difference and assumes a LG C2/G2 model.

There are rumours that B&O will be increasing the cost of the Theatre by 20% in August!! – so if your buying…better place your order ASAP

Picture1

Lely
          FOUNDER Member
            • Belgium (for now)

Thanks for the detailed info, I’ll be buying something tomorrow.

In € the diy G3 is roughly 1400 cheaper (55 inch in Belgium) than the complete B&O one. The only thing would be the looks: has the COTS G3 the same look as the B&O delivered one (what panel does B&O supply)?

NQVHNWI
            FOUNDER Member

When I purchased my Theatre….it was an LG G2 65inch. Said so on the box (no attempt to hide branding etc….).

Be careful on the colour choice. If you are going for a coloured Theatre, the banding on the G2 at least is natural Aluminium. i.e. Anthracite Theatre and a default Silver banding on the LG Screen (G2 at least). I think you can specify black banding on an LG panel as a special(???) but not the other colour.

NQVHNWI
              FOUNDER Member

Another thing to consider.

The LG panel needs registering via the LG app. I/my installer had difficulty feeding that through. It was done however remotely via my Dealer 100miles away. The Theatre registration (via the BeoApp) was straightforward without issue.

Sandyb
                BRONZE Member

also, bear in mind that the theatre price is going up 20% (yes 20!) on august 15th.

sounds like you’ll be ahead of that obviously, but just worth mentioning.

Lely
                  FOUNDER Member
                    • Belgium (for now)

I have ordered the Theatre with LG 55 G3 through my B&O dealer, price as expected

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.