Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab The “joys” of Beolab 50 ownership!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Beofile7
    BRONZE Member

I traded my Beolab 5’s in fear of the inevital chassis breakdown 4 years ago for Beolab 50.

Since day one they have been hugely problimatical. Never ending re-booting and resetting up. I made a huge mistake in A) buying them, and B) not throwing them back at B&O for a replacement or refund whilst under warranty? The minute they came out of warranty another issue raised it’s head! The master speaker winds back it’s volume so after a few hours it is silent! So I had to get an engineer out to sort this. That was in June! He decided that  2 boards had failed and ordered replacements at a 1000 + quid job! But the replacement  boards did not function correctly. Today he came again with new boards and a special comms cable. But after 3 hours it was not possible to change the cable. It is all bonded in. He took my speaker away. Half a year of trying to sort this now! So how do you feel about this? For me it is a horror story that has finished my 50 year relationship with B&O! I am done. These speakers come at a huge premium price. I expect a premium service when things go wrong? But no. My engineer is doing his best, I cannot fault him but B&O should have long ago said ” here is a new speaker?” Would I recommend buying these massively overpriced stressgivers? Only if you want an early visit to your grave!!!!

Give me my 5’s back!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.