Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab speaker humming

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    paddy2042
    FOUNDER Member

I have an iTunes library that is connected to my BS9000 via AirPort Extreme and Express and A. Mem. input. When I play CD’s on my Bs9000 the sound is fine but when I play iTunes music there is a loud hum. The hum begins as soon as I change inputs from CD to A. Mem. so don’t think it has anything to do with Mac.

I guess because of the good quality of sound from CD there is nothing wrong with the BS9000 or the speakers or cables to them. The A. Mem input used to be fine but the hum has appeared in the last few months.

I have turned off as many other electrical devices in the room as I can I have a DAC connected which I have also disconnected. I have also tried to plug speakers, BS9000, DAC and Airports into the same powerpoint but alas no success.

I am hoping that someone has some bright idea that may solve my problem as I have a large iTunes library that I cannot play through system because of the hum.

Patrick

trackbeo
      Blocked

3.5mm plug half-pulled-out / not fully inserted into jack on AirPort Express?

Despite the fact that cables don’t die and active devices do, cable failure of some kind is nevertheless more likely than the Beosound 9000 Aux input going bad.  But that’s easy to test, by unplugging the BS9000 DIN end of the adapter cable, and if there’s still a hum on Aux.In, it’s likely the BS9000 itself.

If the AirPort Express is gen.1 (hard plug to wall), possibly it’s dying — that power supply doesn’t last forever.  But usually other stuff happens instead/also, like its Wi-Fi range gets much smaller.  If the AirPort Express is gen.2 (separate line cord), it’s too soon to be dying, which is why I suspect the cable (or its connectors).  If it is the culprit, maybe replace it with a brand-new Wiim Mini rather than trying to source an old, used AirPort Express on eBay.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.