Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Mozart, Matter.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    L1no
    BRONZE Member

Whilst i’m not impressed with the phone-app (software) for a long time i’d dare to ask, how is the Matter support going for Mozart products?

NQVHNWI
      FOUNDER Member

Damned if I know?

I have a huge network of Tuya/Zigbee devices in my home and one of the control hubs is a zigbee/Matter one and it cannot see any devices on the Matter protocol? I guess the Theatre/Mozert platform is “HDReady” or whatever but not activated.

i think it would be cool if it were? My curtains would close automatically, the lights dim just right and wife automatically mixes a “just right” G&T in the dark

L1no
        BRONZE Member

How you describe your setup is not how ‘matter’ works. Hubs like the philips hue one is discoverable as Matter device (including it’s lights) and does not find other Matter products.

I’d like to control the Beoconnect Core or A5 from Home overview on my Phone. Turn on, radio, when i’d just got in or alle pause when last person leaves.

NQVHNWI
          FOUNDER Member

Beg to differ. There may be technicalities on how it actually works but my understanding is that Matter and Zigbee are low energy devices emitting Wi-Fi micro-bands. However, from a communication perspective theses devices differ slightly.

older generation devices that that use zigbee tend to relatively “dumb” and are discoverable via software and controlled via an App (and also a hub). Matter being a newer protocol is somewhat smarter and can immediately find other Matter devices and work like the old PC plug in and Play devices of yesterday.

Regardless, back to the original post. I was NOT trying to give an experts opinion on Zigbee or Matter. If you read it again, you will read that I have a “Zigbee/Matter Hub”. This hub is predominately for off line control of my Zigbee Devices but it can pull in Matter devices…..so connecting Dumb zigbee devices to the new Matter protocol. In that way…..I would have expected to “see” any Matter Devices via this bridge and either control them or be able to write automations for Zigbee devices to interact with Matter devices.

Hope we are clear on that?

L1no
            BRONZE Member

Matter is a language ‘protocol,’ and Thread is a radio standard primarily used with Matter, often referred to as “Matter over Thread.” All ‘bridges’ are designed to connect different networks, usually from a local network or the internet to a specific radio standard, such as Zigbee. The bridge makes devices discoverable on your local network and exposes them over Matter. Although Matter works over Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Thread (all IP-based). The first two do not require a bridge and advertise directly to your phone.

Unless your bridge supports both Thread radio and Zigbee, your setup will not function as wished. Very clear.

NQVHNWI
              FOUNDER Member

Matter is a language ‘protocol,’ and Thread is a radio standard primarily used with Matter, often referred to as “Matter over Thread.” All ‘bridges’ are designed to connect different networks, usually from a local network or the internet to a specific radio standard, such as Zigbee. The bridge makes devices discoverable on your local network and exposes them over Matter. Although Matter works over Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Thread (all IP-based). The first two do not require a bridge and advertise directly to your phone. Unless your bridge supports both Thread radio and Zigbee, your setup will not function as wished. Very clear.

im failing to see what your point you are trying to make other than to school me on Matter/Thread or whatever protocols. Whatever.

The OP asked about Mozart and Matter. Why? Does he just want another bit of hardware/software stuffed inside a Theatre that goes on a spec sheet that 99.9% care nothing about or does he want to do something with it?

I suspect he wants the add some form of Automation or tap-to-run instruction or use a third party app instead of the BeoApp? So what the protocol standard is…is irrelevant…….and my comments reflect the fact that current bridging hubs either do not “see” the BS Theatre Matter credentials or they are muted somehow.

Either way, the practicalities in the real world is that I cannot directly automate scenes with my “smart” devices with the Theatre and have most likely to use a BLI to do so.

kuyttendaele
                FOUNDER Member

There was an announcement in Oct 22 that some B&O equipment would be getting Matter… But we all know how it goes with B&O and software.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1665035559

Karel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.