Home Forums General Discussion & Questions LG OLED 65″ G3; Panel faulty

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Ingo
    BRONZE Member

Hello all,

the joy was short-lived with my OLED 65″ G3.
      Panel is defective, vertical 1mm thick strip in the middle.
      Past 14 days the TV was picked up, brought to the repair center.
      I also got a loan unit.
      So far so good.
      Upon request, I received the info that the delivery time for a new OLED-Panel is more than 3 weeks.
      A great partnership which B&O has entered into with LG. (applause)

I will not wait longer than 4 weeks, then the dealer is in duty. I will seek a reversal of the purchase contract.

In the hope that you have more luck with your LG TV

Ingo

NQVHNWI
      FOUNDER Member

If this is supplied by B&O and less than 2 weeks old….should be classed as dead on arrival and a new replacement offered. No repair.

It happens (faults) but get your dealer to fix it via a new one (their supplier) and all should be good?

Ravsted
        BRONZE Member

Summary:

You panel is defect.

They pick up the defective unit.

They give you a loan-unit while repairing/replacing.

?

Ingo
          BRONZE Member

Correct, I was provided with a loaner device.
            A 48″ Metz OLED with table stand, the Metz is now in front of the sound center on the sideboard, hidden sound.

The device was in operation for 8 weeks, then came the panel fault.
            LG generally insists on a repair, a return exchange is only made after a failed repair.

That was the statement from the dealer.

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg————Danmark

Just to be clear.

Did you buy the LG seperate or together with the BST from a B&O dealer?

MM

Ingo
              BRONZE Member

Together as a package, was also mounted by the dealer for a fee.
                4 hours were needed.
                I could puke at what B&O has got itself into with LG.
                I should have kept my hands off it.

I am pissed off.

Millemissen
                BRONZE Member
                  • Flensborg————Danmark

That sounds a bit odd.

A B&O dealer should indeed deliver an LG replacement and have the conversation with LG for the faulty tv.

Which ‘B&O dealer’ has a Metz tv in store???
                  Not someone I would like to deal with.

I would try to talk with him again – maybe consult the B&O support first.

MM

Ingo
                  BRONZE Member

The dealer has two stores, one B&O only and one as a mixed store.
                    I have been with him for 25 years, will then part ways with him if he is stubborn.

I have already emailed the dealer that I want the purchase price back if the repair is further delayed due to slow parts delivery.
                    We’ll see what he has to say about that

I like the idea of contacting b&o directly, I’ll do that later on.

Ingo
                    BRONZE Member

So, the complaint to B&O support and CEO is written.

Warranty claim (German Law) to the dealer with deadline has been made.
                      So money back if no successful repair was completed or a new replacement unit was delivered by the deadline.

Let’s see what happens now.

NQVHNWI
                      FOUNDER Member

I don’t know German law specifically, but UK law (EU Law) would be for an immediate replacement of the LG Panel. If the panel was 50 to 70% into its warranty period, then a repair would be “reasonable” to all parties.

Further, by your B&O Dealer giving you a “Metz” screen and not another LG screen, he is denying you the inherent features of using the B&Oflagship soundbar with a fully integrated panel screen.

You should, in no uncertain terms demand an immediate a replacement LG screen (either as a full replacement, or as a temporary screen while yours is repaired) and that to include any demonstration screens on display in the Dealers shop.

You should tell the Dealer you are very unhappy with the current treatment buying such a high value consumer product from him to be treated this way. You could buy an LG G3 from Amazon Prime, have it for 8weeks, find a fault, send it back and receive a full refund and buy another – delivered in 2days tops.

Finally, I would make the Dealer aware that if he does not sort this out to your satisfaction by the end of the week, you will be informing Denmark (CEO) directly. Email is on the B&O website.

Stand your ground, insist on proper remedy, make a noise if you have to. This is totally 100% unacceptable

Ingo
                        BRONZE Member

Believe me I was very loud and clear in my complaint to the dealer, today by e-mail, tomorrow he gets it again by mail by registered mail.
                          Short version: if the device is not repaired by the set date, or a new replacement device comes, I demand my money back, with deadline.
                          CEO I have also informed in detail, whether it helps, I have my doubts, but I wait and see what happens.
                          Reaction must come from the dealer to the deadline, otherwise lawyer, court assistance.
                          Who does not want to hear must feel.

NQVHNWI
                          FOUNDER Member

Good,

B&O cannot aspire to selling flagship products to movie stars, rockstars, influencers and other VHNWIs if they cannot treat normal bread and butter customers properly. The CEO must be told this and understand, they cannot arbitrarily increase prices upwards without a corresponding increase in service.

I wish you good luck.

moxxey
                            FOUNDER Member

Together as a package, was also mounted by the dealer for a fee. 4 hours were needed. I could puke at what B&O has got itself into with LG. I should have kept my hands off it. I am pissed off.

I know you’re unhappy, but I think you have to draw a line here. Just because one panel has an issue, doesn’t imply that the entire ‘partnership’ is flawed and they shouldn’t have bothered – I’ve had 3 LG panels and not had a single issue. As have many others.

As for puking at B&O. You clearly didn’t go through the years – yes, years – of issues we went through with B&O and their MK1, M2 and MK3 BV7-40 TVs/panels. So flawed. They only got it right by MK4, years after launch. Even by MK3 the BV7 still wouldn’t operate properly with a Sky box!

Ingo
                              BRONZE Member

It’s true that every device can have a defect.
                                That’s not my problem. I’m just pissed off because the spare parts procurement is so slow.
                                And yes, if I had commissioned LG directly, I could continue to use the TV. that was also the answer from LG when I complained.
                                But the manual also says that you should not continue to use a defective device in order to avoid further damage.
                                The authorized workshop of LG is about 10 km from my home, the competence center of LG about 180 km away from me.
                                So the procurement should not have taken longer than 5 days, unless the OLED module had to come from South Korea first.

Yesterday my dealer called me, the repair is complete.
                                Next week, the LG should be back on the wall after an appointment.
                                Why this happened so quickly, I have no idea.
                                Maybe my loud announcement to the CEO of B&O has done something.

A nice weekend

Ingo
                                BRONZE Member

The TV is back.
                                  My patience was rewarded with a free warranty extension for another 36 months.

matteventu
                                  BRONZE Member

The TV is back. My patience was rewarded with a free warranty extension for another 36 months.

Was the warranty extension provided by the B&O dealer “out of courtesy” and for the distress you had to experience, or by the the repair centre in behalf of LG?

Ingo
                                    BRONZE Member

I had contact with the repair center, they told me that LG insists on a repair, I then get the free warranty extension in return for the waiting time.
                                      The confirmation of this was today in the letter from the workshop with it. With the repair number, I then had to contact an LG email address. The new warranty certificate will then be sent to me.
                                      The fact that the repair was finished faster than expected is probably related to my loud announcements at the dealer and B&O.
                                      The dealer called me rather meekly when he received the mail with the money-back claim.
                                      Here in Germany, there is a legal regulation in addition to the manufacturer’s warranty.
                                      The dealer must guarantee for two years that the goods are free of all defects.
                                      If the repair takes longer than 4 weeks, I can withdraw from the purchase contract and claim back the full purchase price.
                                      If the TV has the same defect again, I would be entitled to a new device.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.