HDMI TV router to BEOVISION 7-32 MKIII

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions HDMI TV router to BEOVISION 7-32 MKIII

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Guy.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tripl
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 3

Here it goes, I am big B&O fan, but since I live in Serbia you can imagine how hard is for me to afford some of their products and now I have a chance to buy beovision 7-32 type 9341 MK3 with beolab 7.4.

MY problem is how am I going to connect TV with my TV cable router, Cable router have HDMI, and I guess HDMI to DVI will solve picture, but how I will transfer the sound cause even I find HDMI to DVI + L/R Audio it will only transfer stereo LR sound but TV have only mono center speaker. Will it have sound at all,, then if I want to connect Sony play station 3 for my son, same problem.

Is it possible to connect my TV router with only HDMI as out to BV7 and to have the HD image and sound on BL 7.4 only and latter on to have sound on BL 7.4 + PEntas or BL6000.

Thank you

Guy
      BRONZE Member
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,044

Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

Have a look at my post here, copied from a post of mine in the old forum:

https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/hdmi-connection-for-beovision-7-mk1/#post-1707

And the Beolab 7.4 will produce the sound from the L and R input from an audio extractor without problem.

Tripl
          • Topics Started 2
          • Total Posts 3

So I guess I will have Image + stereo sound.

Will it work on BV7-32 with beolab 7.4 cause this is central speaker. and later on will I be able to play sound on bl7.4 + Pentas or Bl6000? Cause the way I see it the TV will get L-R sound and not for example LR+Center or Suround.

Thanx for replay

Guy
          BRONZE Member
            • Warwickshire, UK
            • Topics Started 16
            • Total Posts 1,044

I tried to reply to this yesterday (with quotes) but my post disappeared!

Basically ‘yes’ you will have image and stereo sound.

In the BV7 menu Speaker settings you will select ‘Speaker 1’ and the sound will be output from just the centre BL7.4. When you add additional speakers you will have to change the speaker setting menu to include the Pentas or BL6000s.

I think that not all BV7-32s are HD ready, but if you use the Audio Extractor that I listed first in the other thread it should strip the HDCP and the picture will work OK. If you get a BV7-32 that is HD ready then you may be able to use an Audio Extractor that also has a digital coax output, allowing the TV to process surround sound from the hdmi source. I have not tried this!

For info, this old thread describes using a BV7-32 with hdmi source: https://archivedforum.beoworld.co.uk/forums/t/41059.aspx

Guy
            BRONZE Member
              • Warwickshire, UK
              • Topics Started 16
              • Total Posts 1,044

So I guess I will have Image + stereo sound.

Yes.

Will it work on BV7-32 with beolab 7.4 cause this is central speaker. and later on will I be able to play sound on bl7.4 + Pentas or Bl6000?

Yes and yes.

In the BV7 menu Speaker settings you will select ‘Speaker 1’ and the sound will be output from just the centre BL7.4. When you add additional speakers you will have to change the speaker setting menu to include the Pentas or BL6000s.

I think that not all BV7-32s are HD ready, but if you use the Audio Extractor that I listed first in the other thread it should strip the HDCP and the picture will work OK. If you get a BV7-32 that is HD ready then you may be able to use an Audio Extractor that also has a digital coax output, allowing the TV to process surround sound from the hdmi source. I have not tried this!

For info, this old thread describes using a BV7-32 with hdmi source: https://archivedforum.beoworld.co.uk/forums/t/41059.aspx

Guy
              BRONZE Member
                • Warwickshire, UK
                • Topics Started 16
                • Total Posts 1,044

It would seem that my post from 5 April appeared after all …

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds