Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLink Hall Audio ML adapters

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Madskp
    GOLD Member
      • Denmark

I bought some of Hall Audio’s ML to RJ45 adapters to see if they could be usefull and more flexible for my usecases which often requires changing the cables between different units.

IMG_0423

Here it is installed in a Beolink converter 1611 with a CAT 7 network cable attached

IMG_0426

Here installed in a Beosound Ouverture

IMG_0419

As the cable is stiff the routing of it will be more difficult than with a traditional ML cable, but it should still be possible to hide it behind the unit.

Because of the added connector link there might be space issues on some products. For example I think the Back cover on a BV6 or BV7 might be har to put on.

Also my test on a Beolab 3500 shows that there is almost no space left to curve the cable if it has to go out in one of the sides or on the top of it. An angle R45 connector could have been the answer, but those I could find has the angle the wrong way.

IMG_0391I might try Hall Audio’s other connector that put a RJ45 female connector on a cut in half ML cable for this purpose.

Also it might be possible to find shielded network cables that bend easier than those I bought for this.

But all in all a great product, and also price competitive compared to what ML cables cost here i Denmark.

I can’t speak for durability of the 3D printed parts, but I have bought a good lot and might buy more so I can just leave the in the ML connector on my most used products.

Tignum
      GOLD Member
        • Netherlands

Hi Madskp, good post. I have some of these too, and also like them very much. An advantage is that when you change placement of your devices, you can easily buy another CAT7 cable of the correct length for a decent amount of money. I used to crimp RJ45 connectors to cut-in-two ML cables for connecting to RJ45 wall outlets. The adapters make life much easier

I admit that I even use a color logic for ML and NL cables, this can be done easily with CAT7 cables available in any color you want.

Nice product for us oldskool ML fans!

Johan

• This reply was modified 16 hours, 48 minutes ago by Tignum.
        Madskp
        GOLD Member
          • Denmark

I used to crimp RJ45 connectors to cut-in-two ML cables for connecting to RJ45 wall outlets.

Could you elaborate on how you did this?  I am thinking about how you handle the three ground wires and also the pink and white/blue wires that has to be connected? Did you use a special RJ45 connector?

Also have you also tried the other variant from Hall Audio?

Tignum
          GOLD Member
            • Netherlands

Hi, for the crimping check this thread: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/38487.aspx. I do remember I had to find connectors that have the correct ‘AWG’ dimension for the ML wires. Most suppliers are not very specific. Hope it is useful!

I only own some of the adapters.

• This reply was modified 15 hours, 47 minutes ago by Tignum.
            Madskp
            GOLD Member
              • Denmark

Hi, for the crimping check this thread: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/38487.aspx. I do remember I had to find connectors that have the correct ‘AWG’ dimension for the ML wires. Most suppliers are not very specific. Hope it is useful!

A very usefull thread indeed. Allways good to have more than one solution for this

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.