Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVox Glue recommendation for S45 speaker repair

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    wbrobertson
    BRONZE Member

Hey all,

I just purchased a set of Beovox S45 speakers, which sound great. When I was unpacking the speakers, one sounded like something was loose inside on the bottom. After unscrewing the woofer, I noticed the crossover board was loose, which I fixed with some glue and it holds tight now. However, there is another loose part that I’d like to reconnect.

Forgive the ignorance, this ‘thing’ is that is circled in the attached photo, the glue holding it to the crossover board has become detached and I’d like to reattach it to save it from being damaged in further moving around. But I’m trying to be cautious about what kind of glue to attach to it. My gut would say to use a hot glue gun, but I’m wondering if anyone had a recommendation of what would work for this and not cause corrosion.

Also would love if someone could explain to me what this ‘thing’ actually is.

Thanks!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      kirin
      BRONZE Member

Hi, if I understand correctly: the crossover board is fixed wirh screws so far as I can remember. If cables are loosened Iwould fix them with cable ties. If wire came off the coil then it should be winded back to the coil (argh, but I see, these circles are just your markers). And, yes, if the coil itself is loosening then I personnally would attach it again with some hot glue (from the gun).

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by kirin.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.