Home Forums General Discussion & Questions End of the road for Deezer? Move to Tidal? It’s all Elon Musk’s fault!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    XavierItzmann
    BRONZE Member

Hello,

There is one reason, and only one, why we have had a Deezer account for years now: its B&O integration.

Problem: we now have a Tesla.  It does not integrate with Deezer, but it does integrate with Tidal.  SWMBO is now all up in arms about Deezer.  Sure, you can play Deezer in the car’s excellent audio system, but the car becomes a giant dumb 17-speaker system that can only be controlled from the iPhone.  Looks like we may have to drop Deezer.

My question is: will Tidal behave exactly the same in my B&O multiroom setup as Deezer?  For example, we are able to play Deezer from BS Essence, or from Beoplay A6, and to have Converter ML/NL join in.  If we wish, we can start it from iPhone, and leave the house, and Deezer keeps on playing.

Will Tidal do the same?

Thanks in advance,

Sandyb
      BRONZE Member

Yes – Tidal Connect was introduced to most B&O speaker systems a year or so ago, and more recently Tidal music has been properly integrated into the B&O app.   Multiroom behaves the same way as Deezer I believe – though I dont use Tidal myself, but that what everyone seems to be reporting.

If anything the B&O website says that Tidal is preferred / encourages existing customers to migrate to Tidal – or words close to that effect.

matador
          • Paris France

That is why I try to avoid “as much as I can” to rely on a third party provider of any kind: sonner or later business deals and stock market arrangement may left you on the side of the road because of any promised compatibility that is no longer on the agenda of the company.

Nothing more safe and efficient than a local storage full of files and Millemissen* as an algorythm to advice you on new content throught the “What are you listening right now” thread.

*Friendly and respectfull joke.

NQVHNWI
          FOUNDER Member

My bag is with Qobuz not Tidal. I hope B&O also develop their connectivity with this too?

Deezer is the proverbial dinosaur in the streaming market with low-res streaming. Sort of not compatible with where B&O should be in my opinion in terms of Hi-Fi and glad to see them moving away from this. I would of hoped that Spotify develop their Hi-Res offering but this is 2-3 years overdue to what was originally promised. I also think that Tidal dropping MQA (digital rights management disguised as a high quality lossless format) was a catalyst of B&O moving to a hi-res provider.

I think generally the right direction. B&O just need to open-up a little further and not restrict their platform to one hi-res provider (like all the hi-end streaming hardware providers do)

YannChris
            FOUNDER Member
              • Brittany, France

My bag is with Qobuz not Tidal. I hope B&O also develop their connectivity with this too?

B&O just need to open-up a little further and not restrict their platform to one hi-res provider (like all the hi-end streaming hardware providers do)

I fully agree with you, Qobuz is really missing.

• This reply was modified 22 hours, 27 minutes ago by YannChris.
              Sandyb
              BRONZE Member

They could introduce Qobuz (which I use), but that doesnt change the fact that the music browsing experience through the B&O app is poor.

NQVHNWI
                FOUNDER Member

Correct Sandy but that is one of the reasons we run 3rd P{arty DAC/Streamers – so we can get that proper experience. For all intents and purposes, BL90/50, a Halo and a good 3rd party DAC and/or Streamer and you are 98% there.

I imagine that sometime down the Tidal path….B&O will flick-over to Tidal Connect so they dont even have to bother designing a music player (with search function) for their own App – which is sorta a blessing in disguise as they will only endlessly mess it up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.