Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Emerge Issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John
    BRONZE Member

Hello, I have an Emerge speaker.  Out of the box when plugged in it does not turn on.  I thought maybe it was the cable so I even tried using the cable from my Level and that did not help.   Any Suggestions??  THANK YOU!!

Hiort
      BRONZE Member

Could be “dead on arrival”…. I would return it to B&O if that was where you purchased.
        Have you tried the power plug in some way to make sure that is okay?

John
        BRONZE Member

@Hiort – Yeah, I most likely will need to return it. Ugh!  I was just curious if anyone else had this issue because I did read one review online where it said it was DOA, but then he used his MBP cable and it turned right on.

I didn’t think to test the Emerge cable and power plug on something else to make sure that is working (I’ll try that after work), but I did use the Level’s cable and power plus on the Emerge (that I know works) and it did not turn on the speaker.

Thanks for your input

Mark
          FOUNDER Member

I had a similar issue with one of my Emerge.  It turned out that the USB cable on the power supply wasn’t in all the way.  It initially felt that way but it needed an extra push.  Since you tried swapping out the cable this probably isn’t the issue, but it’s worth a check.

John
            BRONZE Member

@Mark – Oh wow! Thanks for mentioning this. I did notice I still seen the sliver part of the plug both times where it goes into the emerge.  When it is on correctly and pushed in all the way, should you see any of the silver on the USB-C??   Now I really can’t wait to get home from work make sure I am in fact pushing it in all the way, on both ends.   I keep keep thinking it has to be something … B&O products are not known to arrive DOA.  Thank you!

Mark
              FOUNDER Member

I can confirm on mine that you should not see any silver of the usb plug.  The white sleeve goes all the way to the power supply.

John
                BRONZE Member

Thanks to those who chimed in.  The speaker is definitely DOA, and because I used a gift certificate as partial payment when purchased that I won’t get back, I have to keep it and send it in under warranty to get repaired.   Thanks again for your suggestions!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.