DIY Beolab 8000 Wood frets (STLs included).

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab DIY Beolab 8000 Wood frets (STLs included).

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    tuttivini
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 26

@Matador

I finally made 2 sets (4 Beolab 8000’s) last week, together with my dad (one set for him, one for myself).
      The fitment is EXCELLENT.
      The look is STUNNING. Soooooo beautiful!
      Friends who now see the Beolab 8000’s say: They have been transformed from a speaker into a designer piece of furniture in the living room.

Thank you so much for the STL files!

We have sanded all 32 wooden slats (HARDWOOD) (so 64 wooden slats in total!) nicely rounded. This was quite a lot of work but it looks so chic.

We used 4 3D-printed brackets per speaker. This gives more strength than 3 pieces and ensures that the distance between the slats remains identical everywhere.

We glued all slats to the brackets with transparent glue. As a result, they are nut-tight and can be slid on and off the speaker in one piece.

We made the ‘top-plates’ from sturdy cardboard and sprayed them black with a black rubber spray (Plastidip).

What do you guys think?

In my situation I also have a Beolab 7.1 as a centre speaker (see photos).
      Who knows, I may one day be able to design brackets for that too (or have them designed) to provide them with these beautiful wooden slats. But maybe that can also look a little too ‘busy’…

IMG20230415182015IMG20230415181930IMG20230415194258IMG20230415194331IMG20230415133947

IMG20230415133859IMG20230415145828

tuttivini
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 26

Thanks @matador for your enthusiastic reply.
        Without your starter kit, without your beautifully designed ‘Ikea ​​homage manual’, without your brother in law (who I believe designed the 3d prints?), I never could have brought myself to actually make them.

Because everything was so nicely ‘pre-assembled’, we could spend more time on finishing sanding the slats.

How nice that you recognize me again from my posts in the old ‘Flash your B&O topic’. Thank you for the compliments about my setup/self made TV-wall.

I live in The Netherlands and no 5mm slats are sold here either. So I bought 4mm slats.

4x18x2100: Which I had custom made by the wood trade to 4x13x1000 (and then a total of 28 slats for one set of BeoLabs)

4x44x2100: Which I sawed myself in a length of 1000mm (a total of 2 slats needed for one set of BeoLabs)

I also placed a piece of matte black cardboard cut to size over the large light green colored stickers that are on the BeoLab 8000s. The stickers include the serial number, etc. If you look diagonally through the hardwood slats, you will see those stickers. Matte black cardboard pasted over it so that you no longer see the stickers (but the cardboard can be carefully removed if you ever want to make serial numbers etc visible again / return to original).

@Tignum
        : Thanks for the compliment.

The cabling isn’t for my rears: The last 3 photos are my dads Beolab 8000’s (we made 2 sets of wooden covers), so those are placed in his house. First 4 photos are in my own house.

He uses black snake skin to get the cabling to his baseboards.

I myself use black rubber hollow hoses to guide the audio&power cables from my 8000s and 2 (subwoofer) to my self-made wall unit.

(I think B&O originally also used rubber hoses for cabling, but they have switched to snake-skins in recent years)

matador
          • Paris France
          • Topics Started 47
          • Total Posts 730

Hi Tuttivini,

They are stunning! I’m close to ashamed of the rendering of mine now!

The hardwood gives really a different look and is definitely an improvement.
          As are the rounded slats. All in all these “details” make them closer to the Beolab 18 and less “its-just-a-wood-grill-on-90’s-speakers”. Congratulation and thank you for pushing the idea further away.

I didn’t realize before, but now I recognize you: I remember when you first posted your living room in the old forum “flash your B&O”. I really liked the fireplace and the whole setup in general, simple, clean, wires concealed. It’s an honor to be from very far away, a little bit part of it.

For all the other members, could you specify if these are 4 or 5 mm wood bars?

Thank you.

Tignum
          GOLD Member
            • Netherlands
            • Topics Started 8
            • Total Posts 365

Very contemporary tuttivini! Good cabling for the rear 8000s 🙂

tuttivini
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 26

@krin: WauW!!! Thank you for the link to the old posts from user Ravsted.
              I’ve never seen that topic and I am very happy finding the STL files for other Beolab models.
              I found it for the Beolab 7. So maybe I can make the lammela’s for my 7.1, to match my above 8000’s.

@Ravsted
              : Thanks for designing and sharing your STL files (I think I can’t draw this myself…). Any change to also create them for 6000’s? I have a set in another room and would love to match them with my above build 8000’s…

And @Ravsted: What are the WxHxD dimensions for the wooden lammelas for the 7.1?
              Are the designed for 4mm thick wood?
              Can you explain to me how to use the 7.1 brackets? When I look at your STL file, I see room for 10 wooden slats, but I see a slightly longer piece on one outside and an extra notch or something like that on the other outside?
              The 7.1 STL doesn’t look the same as your own photo’s in your first post:

BL7_oak3stl

Burto
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 0
                • Total Posts 7

Absolutely fantastic work matador, truly impressive. Do you happen to know if a similar file/project is available for Beolab 7.1s?

kirin
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 2
                  • Total Posts 69

Hi all,

here is a link to a thread on the old forum, where Beolab 7 are discussed (from member Ravsted):

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/49897.aspx?PageIndex=1

By the way, great work to all, looks very good!

john_lennyn
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 0
                    • Total Posts 1

can somebody pls just do the 6000´s

ヽ༼ ͡☉ ͜ʖ ͡☉ ༽ノ

matador
                      • Paris France
                      • Topics Started 47
                      • Total Posts 730

Can new members, just ask politely, say “hello”, “please” (in full letters) and “thank you”?

That said, because I’ve not BL6000 I can not design the clamps. But outrageously expensive solutions solution exists around, so that’s possible.

Nothing to do with your question but it nevertheless allows me to talk about it:
                      Somebody, is selling wooden grills with that design on classified ads and it unfortunately  happens to be in the town close to where I live. Easy to recognize them as they use the very same wood bits than the one on this site: squared front, half rounded sides, Bulk and curvature of the whole grid all the same…

Thats ok, I gave them away, if people is more ‘entrepreneur’ than me, all good to them.

But if anybody comes with a similar solution for Beolab 6000, I’d like it give it away for free for forum members.

Beoworld gives, and you gives to Beoworld.

That’s the way.

zorno97
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 0
                        • Total Posts 1

Hello, I would really appreciate it if someone could upload the STL for beolab 7, I look for them everywhere but I only find the images of @ravsted

egru123
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Topics Started 2
                          • Total Posts 13

Hello everybody

I found this regarding BL 6000

https://www.ricardo.ch/de/a/custom-wood-cover-for-bang-olufsen-beolab-6000-speakers-1235171444/

only to  inform you 🙂

Lemme
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Topics Started 0
                            • Total Posts 5

@Lemme : Do you have pictures of beolab 8000’s with your 5mm brackers/final result looks? I’m interested in how it looks compared to Matadors 4mm brackets, because the ‘curve’ looks smaller on the 4mm brackets…

Sorry for the late reply. Here are some pictures. The top still needs to be worked with to ensure a nicer look. I have created a top cover to 3D print instead of cutting one out of black cardboard, STL attached.

IMG_1083

IMG_1082

Lemme
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Topics Started 0
                              • Total Posts 5

I could not add the STL in above post. I try here again…including the Fusion 360 file.

…it should have been ZIP’ed….here U go…

matador
                                • Paris France
                                • Topics Started 47
                                • Total Posts 730

You need to zip the files before attaching them.

redrazor
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Topics Started 0
                                  • Total Posts 2

Thanks, I appreciate that! I will keep a lookout for a pair, preferably somewhere close so I can inspect them. Also, sorry for posting off topic in this thread 🙂

kronzilla
                                  BRONZE Member
                                    • Topics Started 23
                                    • Total Posts 92

Hello @redrazor, where do you live?

redrazor
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • Topics Started 0
                                      • Total Posts 2

Hey guys

I’m new here. I stumbled upon this thread doing research for something completely different, but I got inspired by the great work/results you guys are doing so I’m considering doing this project for that reason alone 🙂

My first step would be to get my hands on a pair of 8000’s. What are your recommendations for this? In my country they sell for around 350-500 USD/EUR. I will probably need to get them sent by post so I might not be able to inspect them myself before buying. What info should I ask from the seller? Are there any known errors? If I can ask for pictures, what should I look for? Are there any tweaks/maintenance I should do myself when I get them?

Thanks 🙂

kronzilla
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • Topics Started 23
                                        • Total Posts 92

You need the serial number and a picture of the front of the speakers without the cloth fronts. You can post it here so then we can helpp you further.

Better a pic of the serial numbers, woofers and between the speaker and cooling block ( to see if the foam was cut or not.

R you can send me a pm.

BenO Hobbyist
                                        BRONZE Member
                                          • Topics Started 0
                                          • Total Posts 3

Via een kennis kwam ik achter dit interessante forum .

Ik ben nieuw hier en heb 2 Beolab 8000 MK1 , die ik graag voor eigen gebruik met hout wil bekleden ! Is er iemand die weet waar ik in Nederland bevestigingsklemmen voor de Houten Frets kan kopen of 3D kan laten printen ?

Ben erg nieuwsgierig of iemand mij aan deze informatie kan helpen.

Groeten
                                          BenO Hobbyist
                                          Hans  Reurings
                                          Nederland

– – – – – – – – – – – – – 
                                          Please speak English on a common forum. It’s rude to speak foreign langage for anyone here doing the effort to speak English for everybody to understand. 

BenO Hobbyist
                                          BRONZE Member
                                            • Topics Started 0
                                            • Total Posts 3

Dear Forum Members

I found out about this interesting forum through an acquaintance.

I am new here and have 2 Beolab 8000 MK1, which I would like to cover with wood for my own use!

Does anyone know where I can buy mounting clamps for the Wooden Frets or have them 3D printed?

I’m very curious if anyone can help me with this information.

regards
                                            BenO Hobbyist
                                            Hans Reurings
                                            The Netherlands

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 144 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab DIY Beolab 8000 Wood frets (STLs included).

• You must be logged in to create new topics.