Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Theatre Combining beosound theatre with one beolab 8

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lavie
    BRONZE Member

Hi there,

I have a beosound theatre and am totally blown away by the movie performance of it. Listening to audio/stereo is good as well, but I’m missing the wide stereo experience of 2 separate speakers.

Since I don’t have many opportunities to place speakers and don’t want to see that much of speakers around, I was thinking of adding one single beolab 8 speaker wirelessly to the theatre, using that as left stereo speaker, using the theatre as right stereo speaker. Only for music.

I could create a sound profile where – when listening to mainly airplay – the theatre for instance only uses its front right speakers. Since the sound signature of both speakers is similar, I thought of that as a potential option to not have 2 additional speakers, but just one. The Theatre only uses 1 tweeter, 1 midrange and 1 woofer, same goes then for the beolab 8.

I know it’s a creative option but am wondering what it results in when I change the volume while listing in stereo; would one speaker sound louder (different spl/db), can I simply change the balance when I’m sitting nearer the beolab 8? Any thoughts are very appreciated.

geoffmartin
      BRONZE Member

Hi @Lavie,

thanks for the nice comments about the Theatre.

I’m afraid that your plan for an “asymmetrical” setup won’t work for “real” stereo listening, since the Beolab 8 and one of the outputs of the Theatre are not a matched pair of loudspeakers. Although the two are designed to work together in a surround system (e.g. Theatre in the front and Beolab 8s as surrounds), they are certainly not matched enough to produce a reliable phantom centre or good imaging.

Glitch
        BRONZE Member

How about a “pair” of Theatres?

I know that this isn’t practical, but I’m curious if the software could handle this. (Hopefully this question isn’t too off-topic)

Glitch

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark

How about a “pair” of Theatres?

I know that this isn’t practical, but I’m curious if the software could handle this. (Hopefully this question isn’t too off-topic)

Glitch

This would be kind of like wanting to be the driver of two cars at the same time ?

MM

Lavie
            BRONZE Member

Hi Geoff, thanks a ton for your answer. I hoped to receive an answer from you as well. And so it happened. Super quickly. Truly appreciated, and absolute brand ambassador worthy.

I will save myself the money of buying a single beolab 8, to ultimately get a sub-optimal sound. Perhaps I need to verify again what the possibilities are to place 2 beolabs 8 somewhere. I adore their sound, design and combo of aluminium with the oak, with the beolab’s 28 circular display on top. They sound amazing. Terrific job done. Enjoy your day. And I hope you will find that Ferrari one day!

Glitch
              BRONZE Member

Actually, my question was more like towing one car behind another ;-).

IMG_0097

Something like this but with Theatres 😉

The towing situation is possible for some car combinations, but not for others.

Glitch

geoffmartin
                BRONZE Member

Hi,

I’ve been thinking about analogies for a system with a Beolab 8 on the left and a Theatre on the Right. The best ones I can come up with is wearing a pair of sunglasses where only one of the two lenses is tinted. Or driving a car with 15″ wheels on the left side and 16″ wheels on the right, maybe…

and no – you currently can’t have two Theatres playing in sync in a multichannel (i.e. one-room) system.

Cheers
                  -geoff

Glitch
                  BRONZE Member

and no – you currently can’t have two Theatres playing in sync in a multichannel (i.e. one-room) system.

That’s disappointing.  I was looking forward to the “Beosound Theatre Innovative Configurations” thread (i.e. the Theatre version of the “BeoLink Converter 1611 Innovative Configurations” thread)  😉

Glitch

Lavie
                    BRONZE Member

You could use airplay and technically they will be fully in sync 🙂

Millemissen
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Flensborg————Danmark

You could use airplay and technically they will be fully in sync ?

That would be the most expensive Airplay device ever ?

MM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.