Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision BeoVision Avant 55 running only at 1080p?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Seebergdk
    BRONZE Member
      • Denmark

Hi fellow Beoworlders

I recently took delivery of a lovely Avant 55 MK1 with new video engine and brand new MK1 panel. Very lovely set!

I have a question regarding the 4K output to the panel from the video engine. No matter what material I am feeding the set it reports that the output is rendered at 1080p only. Input internally is reported at 4K but output to the panel seems to be only 1080p. I have tried all inputs and a number of different devices. I am aware of HDMI1 as preferred use for 4K material and I am using high speed HDMI cable. Oppo UHD player, XBOX One Series X and Apple TV 4 all have this “problem”. Does it actually render the image at 4K? I have tried to toggle between 1080p and 4K on the Xbox. I don’t seem to see a difference in picture quality. I am confused.

Any idea if this is normal?

Sandyb
      BRONZE Member

As someone who had an Avant for a few years, I remember this.

There is a bug someone in the Avant’s UI and the information it reports, with respect to this. So with 4K content being input, the UI will say 1080P, when it is actually 4K.  I went through this with my dealer at the time.

Seebergdk
        BRONZE Member
          • Denmark

Hi Sandyb

Thank you very much. That was most helpful.

Best regards,

Frederik

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.