Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision BeoVision 11 / Apple TV – Questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    machineage
    BRONZE Member

Hi all!

Well, I’ve owned, and still have a number of pieces of B&O audio, but it’s not since the 90s that I’ve owned a BeoVision, the superb LX2800.

Anyway, I was looking into an audio streaming device for my workshop, and noting the things I wanted & listen to. Intention was to use a couple of my Beovox 4500, a sub of some kind, powered by an audio streaming amp, in this case a Pioneer VSX-S520D. My listening prediction is mainly the library of songs on my MacBook Air sent via Airplay to the streaming receiver, & radio (DAB+ & FM). Then whilst veering off to look at Apple TV, I saw the BeoVision 11 has accommodation for an Apple TV, and not only that, the prices have come down significantly since last time I looked, to the point it’s made me re-think my options! One of these would look nice on the wall, and offer me decent sound, and video to boot!

Given I’m such a newby to BeoVision from our recent past, and Apple TV, I have some questions…

1: What’s the best Apple TV to pair with a BV11? Does the current Apple TV 4K with ethernet make a good companion, or should I look to earlier generations for compatibility?

2: Can Beoremote One control the main functions of Apple TV?

3: Regards power consumption: I read the average for BV11 is in the region of 124 watts for the 40 inch model. Can the screen be turned off to reduce power consumption? I remember you could ‘mute’ the picture on the LX2800, whether this reduced consumption or not I don’t know.

4: Does a BV11 / Apple TV pairing need to be hooked up to an aerial to function properly? I don’t watch live TV any longer, and my Panasonic TV won’t allow me to use the apps without being connected to an aerial, so it’s been sat redundant for the last few years.

5: Anything else I should look at, or be aware of with the BV11 / Apple TV combination?

I think that’ll do for now.

Thanks in advance for your insight and knowledge 🙂

• This topic was modified 9 hours, 15 minutes ago by machineage.
      Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark

1: Generelly I would always use the newest ATV. In your case the HD version would do, if you can get one.
        If  you would go for the newer 4K version, you have two choises…..one Wifi-only and one also with an etherner port (which is slightly more expensive).

2: Certainly, yes – the B&O PUC solution makes this possible.

3: I have no idea about the figures of power consumption. There is still a P.Mute function for the BV11.

4: No need for an aereal there! The ATV is hooked up via an HDMI cable (and the PUC cable) to the BV11 and configured….that is it.

5: The BV11 needs to be connected to the internet/home network in order to be able to download the right PUC table online. You can read a lot more in the guides on the B&O website. Please remember that you can connect external speakers in order to get a better audio experience.

In my opinion the BV11 is still a gorgeous tv – if it wasn’t for the new BS Theatre/LG-tv combo, that I now have, that would be my choise at home.

MM

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.