Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSystem Beosystem 4 IR Receiver Buttons

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Burto
    BRONZE Member

Hi All,

I have a Beosystem 4 hooked up to my LG commercial panel (operated via PUC ) My IR receiver doesn’t have any markings on the buttons (Timer , <, >, Play) and when pressed they do nothing. Is there a difference (other than auto contrast, I believe mine does not do this) between the receivers with marking on the buttons and without? Should I be able to ‘Join’ other NL products by pressing one of the buttons on the receiver and control the volume?

CharlieWednesday
      GOLD Member
        • Liverpool

I have an IR eye without labelled buttons, just like yours.  It also does not have the auto-contrast, so I expect it’s the same model, and as far as I can see, it’s no different to my other IR eyes that do have labelled buttons, and it works just the same as those.

I don’t have a Beosystem 4 but when connected to my Beolink Passive amplifier, the buttons work – Timer (top), Volume (middle rocker) and Play (bottom).  I’ve also tried it connected to a Beolink Active, and it worked just the same.

Are the two LEDs illuminating on your IR Eye, and do they toggle on/off when you press the Timer or Play buttons?  If they don’t come on at all I would suspect a problem with the IR eye or it’s wiring – the wires do easily come loose inside (that’s happened to me more than once).

Madskp
        GOLD Member
          • Denmark

The Beosystem 4 only have the connection for the IR signal, so it can not use the functions from the buttons even though they are there

CharlieWednesday
          GOLD Member
            • Liverpool

I did not know that!  That does explain however why they released a version that had no labels on the buttons.  I always wondered why.

Madskp
            GOLD Member
              • Denmark

I did not know that! That does explain however why they released a version that had no labels on the buttons. I always wondered why.

Yep. an easy way to use the same IR eye for several products, and probably cheaper than develop a separate IR eye with less functionality

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.