Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Beosound Moment screen flickering

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RR
    BRONZE Member

Greetings everyone,

Today, I noticed the screen of the Beosound moment tablet constantly flickering. I don’t see anything on the screen. It’s just a white flicker non-stop. I did a restart by inserting the pin in the hole. The tablet restarts, I see the B&O logo, then I see the colourful screen for few seconds and then the screen starts to flicker constantly. I’ve restarted several times, but no luck. When I remove it from the dock, it stays on, but continues to flicker. I can see the Moment through the B&O app on my phone and can even play music through my phone. But the sound control from the table does not work. BTW…I did not do any updates manually. May be it updated in the background.

Has anyone encountered that? Please help…

Thank you.

Stephen
      BRONZE Member
        • Switzerland

With me, something similar happened a couple of times. I didn’t see flickering but the swirling colours on the Jukebox. It appeared apparently spontaneously. Trying the paperclip-in-the-hole reset did nothing. As you noted, the Moment continues to play music fine via the app. The solution that worked for me was to remove the Jukebox form the Soundheart and let the battery drain completely. Upon recharging, it worked as normal.

Regarding updating the software, you can set this to ‘automatic’ in the Moment’s settings.

RR
        BRONZE Member

So, I did let the battery drain completely and restarted it. Unfortunately, same thing continues to happen.
          If anyone else has some more recommendations, please lemme know.

seethroughyou
          BRONZE Member

This has happened several times and the tablet has to be repaired as it required a new circuit board. So far done under warranty but surprised by how fragile/unreliable it is. If it fails again, likely the Moment will become useless and will buy something non-B&O that will last and better in functionality.

Gaea
            GOLD Member
              • Netherlands

Isn’t that tablet made by Archos?

I remember vaguely?

seethroughyou
              BRONZE Member

How does knowing this help RR the original poster who has a malfunctioning Moment tablet? Can Archos supply a circuit board?

RR
                BRONZE Member

Thank you @seethroughyou for your insight. Unfortunately, mine is out of warranty. I was hoping that I could do something to fix it myself. Even if I can source the circuit board, do you know whether it’s a simple swap or would require software upload? I really like the device and hoping to continue use it.

Anonymous

I am grateful to @seethroughyou for your wisdom. My own, regrettably, has expired its warranty. I was hoping I could take care of it on my own. Do you know if the circuit board can be found even if I can’t find the right one, or if software uploading is needed? I hope to keep using the device because I truly like it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.