Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Beosound 9000 MK2 – more “risk” compared to MK3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BeoMarc
    BRONZE Member

Hallo dear friends,

Some time ago I had the opportunity to buy a MK3 but sadly the seller cancelled the deal at the last moment 🙁

So now I am still looking to buy a BS9000

But I was wondering if a MK2 is more risky to buy compared with a MK3

Can both as “easyly” be repaired or is there a difference ?

For example is it the same laser etc….

Thank you.

BeoMarc
      BRONZE Member

No one ?

matador
          • Paris France

As far as I know…

It is not more risky to buy an MK2 than a MK3. Last year I would in fact have told you that it was the other way around: given the most common fault is a laser failure, MK3 has a specific laser assembly hard to find or at crazy price at B&O when MK2 has a more usual one you can find anywhere for a couple of bucks. Since then I’ve learned that most laser failures can be solved with a deep lens cleaning (lens up/down and mirror).

In regard to other fault, I don’t remember one unit was more prone to failure than the other one and for all of them even if problems happens sometimes, its a relatively robust unit and in most cases, easily serviceable. Then the only factual parameter would be that MK3 are of course more “young” units and it may have an impact on the mechanical parts (carriage noise, door mechanism strength, discs clamps softness, etc…)

Hope this helps.

BeoMarc
          BRONZE Member

Merci beaucoup!!!

Thank you very much. Very good and plausible answer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.