Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Beosound 1 (BT/WiFi): No more local control.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    T.W.G
    GOLD Member

My Beosound 1 (Bluetooth/Wifi) doesn’t react anymore to local control. I can tap on the top or turn the wheel: Doesn’t work. The LEDs are off, too.

I’ve reset it multiple times, no success.
      BUT: It starts via Bluetooth remote or Wifi control (app and remote) and is controllable.

Some data:
      – Beosound 1
      – Item No. 1665511
      – Software: 2.1.50868.22855122
      – Status -> Critical events: Battery level is critical, SHUT DOWN! (This message is shown multiple times in the protocol)

I think I’m somehow out of luck with some B&O products despite my love of it. 🙂

Die_Bogener
      BRONZE Member

… and why dont’t you replace the battery? Or is the AC charging tool defect?

It’s a lithium battery. That’s no fun… it can burn or explode…

T.W.G
        GOLD Member

Is there a service manual on how to dismantle it WITHOUT scratching and damaging? 🙂 Didn’t find one on Beoworld nor online, only for the lovely old Beosound 1 with CD player.

Can anybody tell me if my BS 1 item no. 1665511 is MK1 or MK2? There are two different batteries available.

Currently I didn’t disassemble the BS 1 so I can’t tell whether the internal charging circuit is dead or just the battery.

It’s strange that local control is broken… and even stranger if this has its cause in a broken battery.

Yes, I know that lithium batterys aren’t fun. That’s why I don’t buy an electrical car, too. 😉

trackbeo
          Blocked

Probably a Mk.1.  My Mk.2 says item no. 1665522.  But it’s also easy to tell without guessing at decoding numbers: If your Beosound 1 were a Mk.2 the label on the bottom (line 2) would say, “Model: BeoSound 1 2nd generation”.

T.W.G
            GOLD Member

Model: BeoSound 1 2nd generation”.

Okay, that was too obvious. 😀  Thanks.

So, MK1 battery required and service manual.

trackbeo
              Blocked

I’ll do a Gold Membership again if you actually get a service manual, and give it to Lee or Keith to scan!  In the meantime, here’s a take-apart video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sF3mNfomxI  (The Vietnamese subtitles and auto-translation are weak.  Notice that he had already removed the antenna connectors and also taped up the metal surround for prying.  It’s a 2nd-gen.)  Last week on the BeoTalk stream, @Mikipedia mentioned the 3 bottom plastic covers break easily and @Beowillie confirmed, saying he kept spares in his parts stash.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.