BeoRemote 1 with generic LG TV (or any other)

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoRemote BeoRemote 1 with generic LG TV (or any other)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    B3OHACK3R
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 148

Hi,

from the other thread some of you probably know that I do have a little special setup in our living room. An LG B series OLED connected to a BeoSystem 3 via S/PDIF. The BS3 is only used as the audio processor and I really wanted to get rid of the second remote (LG + Beo4).

Some tricks later I got it working with the BR1.
      Connected it via bluetooth to my “Universal Link Adapter”. There an application is running that receives the commands from BR1 and translates them to IP commands the LG TV understands. Except for the List button I was able to assign all keys to the matching functions from the LG remote. Even the My Buttons work – two of them will launch pre defined apps on the TV. One will toggle the screen on/off (music mode) and the last will control the lights.
      You can feel no latency between the BR1 button press and the execution of the function.

That still left the problem of using the Beo4 for volume control of the BS3. So instead of mapping the BR1 volume keys to the LG equivalent – they will control the volume of the BS3 over ML.

Problem solved. 🙂

It would be possible controlling all other TVs or devices that do have some kind of network remote control protocol.
      What do you think? Anybody interested in such a solution?

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark
        • Topics Started 21
        • Total Posts 1,043

The thread about the “Universal Link Adapter” is here

……in case someone is interested.

MM

Leosgonewild
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 9
          • Total Posts 45

Could you share the code you are sending to the LG for the screen/off command?

B3OHACK3R
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 4
            • Total Posts 148

Sure. I’m using this handy python lib.

https://github.com/supersaiyanmode/PyWebOSTV

system.screen_off() is what you are looking for.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoRemote BeoRemote 1 with generic LG TV (or any other)

• You must be logged in to create new topics.