Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoPlay Beoplay A9 & Qobuz?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Busoni
    BRONZE Member

Hi there,
      I apologize if I sound like a beginner – I am one.
      I’ve had the opportunity to buy an A9 (Mk. 4) at a comparatively low price,
      and went for it. However, I’m still not really happy with it.
      So far I have played music from an external hard disk on my router (Fritzbox)
      via the B&O app (Android), which often resulted in dropouts, a HDD that suddenly
      disappears, and in addition, cue files are not recognized as such, the cover art
      is sometimes displayed sometimes not, etc.

But my real problem is the following: I would like to know how to connect Qobuz,
      which runs on my phone, to the A9 to listen to the music I’m playing. I just can’t
      for the life of me figure out how to do it.
      Is that even possible?

I would be grateful for any advice!

Thanks in advance,
      B.

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark

The Qobuz app supports both Airplay  and Chromecast.

You can use either to send music from your phone (depending on the phone) to the A9.

MM

Busoni
        BRONZE Member

Ah, there is light at the end of the tunnel!
          Chromecast = Google Home – an app I hadn’t installed …
          Thank you very much, MM!

May I ask another question? Is there a stationary streaming device
          you would recommend using with the A9? At this point I’am rather fed
          up with my Fritzbox/external HDD via USB solution.

Thanks, again!
          B.

matteventu
          BRONZE Member

Ah, there is light at the end of the tunnel! Chromecast = Google Home – an app I hadn’t installed … Thank you very much, MM! May I ask another question? Is there a stationary streaming device you would recommend using with the A9? At this point I’am rather fed up with my Fritzbox/external HDD via USB solution. Thanks, again! B.

Define “stationary streaming device”.

trackbeo
            Blocked

I think by “stationary” @Busoni means “not some phone or tablet”.  Since the FritzBox is doing DLNA/UPnP with the external drive’s files, I can easily understand your frustration if trying to use the B&O App to play to the A9.  Yes, stationary streaming devices exist, and you can see YouTube reviews by @DarkoAudio of the Eversolo DMP-A6, the FiiO R7, and maybe others.  But if, as it appears, budget is an issue, I think the cheapest way is the previous-gen Apple iPad for $249, set it to AirPlay to the A9, and glue it to the table!  Choosing exactly the right app to scan your DLNA server and act as a source is beyond my ken, hopefully others can help.  But the Qobuz app is solid on the iPad, and using Airplay to the speaker is solid too.

Millemissen
              BRONZE Member
                • Flensborg————Danmark

Back in the days I often used the 8Player Pro app on the iPad and then choosing the device I wanted for playback respectively using Airplay from the app.

Now – although admittedly not very often – I just use the built-in function in the B&O app.
                I find it quite snappy (has become much better) – only thing missing is a search function.

In order to have a proper DLNA playback you need a good server which runs on a NAS. Your Fritzbox NAS solution can be used, however that is pretty limited.
                If you really want to use local files primarily, you might think of a Roon solution – that is what most people with large local collections use.
                Roon has many benefits (like integration of music services) however, it is not a cheap solution.

You could try out a small modern NAS (Synology or alike), load your files onto it and let the media server there (you can install different servers) organize your files.

I totally agree – the easiest, best solution for controlling is to have a dedicated iPad at your listening position!

MM

Busoni
                BRONZE Member

Thank you, @trackbeo & @Millemissen for your input!
                  I think it will come down to a NAS solution.
                  When I’m not listening to music via my “normal” hi-fi system (I’m not getting
                  rid of my LPs, CDs, SACDs and BluRay audio), I use my PC (with external DAC
                  and monitor speakers), to which external hard disks (30TB) are attached, the
                  “extended” music collection, which is organized by its folder structure and
                  precise file names. I don’t use tags or playlists. And I would like to have
                  this interface or look and feel when I listen to my music via the A9 …

B.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.