Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoMaster Beomaster 7000 front panel (sometimes) not working

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    filip_kbh
    BRONZE Member
      • Copenhagen

My Beomaster 7000 has begun to display a strange behaviour. After some time on standby, the left button will not turn the unit on again. If I then use a remote control to turn it on and then off, the front panel button wil work again. However, after some time – e.g. if I want to turn it on next morning, the button will not work again. Argh.

I initially thought it was the backup battery that needed replacement, so I did that. Same result.

Can anyone point me in a direction to what I should look for?

Of course I can just use the remote but it annoys me that the Beomaster is not working 100% as it should.

filip_kbh
      BRONZE Member
        • Copenhagen

Strange – it seems that the problem fixed itself. Now it works every time.

Die_Bogener
        BRONZE Member

The switches can have oxidation. There ist just a switch going to the 8155 port chip, nothing elase but a cap an d a resistor.

The switch itself can have a problem. You can measure it, resistor 0 or very high.

But what helps: replacement or some current around 200-500mA… the current will clean it. But only if disassembled or the cpu will die.

Second possibility: there is a connector from the front pcb to the cpu board. The connector can have the same oxidation, but can be cleaned.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.