Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Beolab 7.2 repurpose

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    patcherley
    GOLD Member
      • Hampshire

I am thinking of using my now redundant Beolab 7.2 with a BeoSound Core. Would it be possible to power the Core from the Beolab 7.2? Thanks in advance.  Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes, it is easy to connect the Beolab 7-2 to a Core, you just need this cable:-

https://soundsheavenly.com/bang-olufsen/31-325-rj45-to-powerlink-compatible-all-in-one-cable-convert-new-2013-ethernet-powerlink-to-traditional-8-pin-din-powerlink.html#/9-length-18m

Please note that both the speaker and the Core each need their own mains power connection.

Kind regards, Steve.

patcherley
      GOLD Member
        • Hampshire

Steve,

Thanks for this,  I will contact you when I go ahead.

Have I misread the beolab 7.2 manual when is says “Mains connections The loudspeaker has two sockets concerning mains supply. The socket marked ~ is for mains supply input (connection from the wall outlet), and the other is a mains supply output to BeoVision 7 “, I thought I might  be to power the core from here.

RaMaBo
        GOLD Member
          • Near Munich

Hi,

the Core could be connected to the Beolab 7.2 with a power cable with the matching connectors ( two C7 plugs ). It’s the same way the Beovison 7 is connected to power, except you use a Core instead of the TV 😉

patcherley
          GOLD Member
            • Hampshire

Thanks for that, it was I thought but wanted to check. I thought the core had a USB-c power connection.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.