Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Beolab 28 stereo pairing and WISA

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Amused
    BRONZE Member

Hi guys,

I am awaiting delivery of a pair of gold tone Beolab 28’s, very excited! In preparation of their arrival, I have been reading as much as possible in the past several days on how to properly set up the speakers. I also placed an order for a pair of Beolab 8’, with the purpose of creating a 4.0 surround setup, controlled via a third party surround WISA hub.

Anyway, my question is aimed at the proper way of stereo pairing the 28’s in order to achieve the best possible (and uncompressed) sound quality.

As I understand, my options are either to connect both speakers to my WiFi network, select one as the primary speaker and then connect the other speaker wirelessly to the primary one; or to connect one speaker to my internet router or switch via a CAT7 Ethernet cable, and at the same time interconnect both speakers via a second CAT7 Ethernet cable. Is that correct?

If yes, should I expect to have uncompressed signal only if the speakers are connected to the local network via Ethernet, or will WiFi connection allow for the same level of (un)compression?

And finally, will connecting the speakers via Ethernet cables between themselves still allow me to connect them to a WISA hub and use them as wireless WISA speakers?

Many thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.