Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab BeoLab 200 Clone Build

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Evan
    GOLD Member
      • San Francisco

Hey everyone – to compliment my primary speaker project at the moment (Centa Penta) I decided to kick off the BeoLab 150/200 build as well. Timing just seemed right.

I bought a couple extra BeoLab Penta 2 amps loose from a gent in southern England while I was working ‘over there’ last year.

Recently bought an angle measuring tool so I can capture the geometry of Penta and the BeoLab. The geometry for the cap and foot have been eyeballed from what I see on BeoWorld and BeoCentral’s product page and a few of the BeoSource catalog scans. Here is the first pass of the model:

BeoLab 200 Sketch 1 4.5.2024

The extra trim pieces will be made on a 3D printer eventually.

There doesn’t seem to be that many photos of BeoLab 150/200 let alone good photos of any kind. Is anyone out there willing to take some good close-ups for me? I plan on integrating some more usual hifi speaker terminals on the rear and at least a figure-8 power inlet. However it would be interesting to see what/how B&O originally designed the rear and bottom of the units.

Thanks in advance,
      Evan

Lavie
      BRONZE Member
        Evan
        GOLD Member
          • San Francisco

Thanks, Ed! Many unexpected little details hiding in there.

Edit: Adding the photos here for posterity.

bang-olufsen-lautsprecher-beolab-200 (1)bang-olufsen-lautsprecher-beolab-200 (2)bang-olufsen-lautsprecher-beolab-200 (4)bang-olufsen-lautsprecher-beolab-200 (3)bang-olufsen-lautsprecher-beolab-200 (6)bang-olufsen-lautsprecher-beolab-200 (5)bang-olufsen-lautsprecher-beolab-200

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.