Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Beolab 10 Centre Speaker no sound

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jakes
    SILVER Member

Hello All,

I am in Melbourne Australia and over the last decade or so most of the old school knowledgeable B&O techs / installers have slowly moved on to other brands and systems. B&O Closed a number of stores.

Today, my Beolab 10 centre speaker stopped working. I am looking for your help to see if there is anything I can check that may be a simple test to see if its the speaker, my BS3 etc.

My systems consists of …

2 x BL5

2 x Bl3

BV 50

Beosound 9000

Beosystem 3

SIM 2 Project.

Stuart Filmscreen 100″

Any starter help is much appreciated.

I already went into the TV Menu, Options, Sound, checked the speaker levels, distances, etc. I get the sound from all 4 surround speakers but nothing from the triangular BL10. So speaker option 1 (no sound). Speaker option 2 (Left and Right Front) works, Speaker options 4 (All four surrounds) work. No sound from the centre at all. I had the front grill off. Nothing obvious. Checked the BS3 to see if the Powerlink cable may have come loose etc. Its fine.

Tignum
      GOLD Member
        • Netherlands

Hello Jakes, maybe you can plug swap plugs momentarily – plug the BL10’s PowerLink cable into one of the PowerLink sockets of the BeoSystem 3 that you know works (for instance one of the BL5s). You need to be positive that the PowerLink cable is ok.

If there is no sound from the BL10, the speaker has a problem. If there is, it is the BS3.

The service manual mentions a status LED (in the connector well), did you check that?

bl10

Regards,

Johan

Jakes
        SILVER Member

Hello Jakes, maybe you can plug swap plugs momentarily – plug the BL10’s PowerLink cable into one of the PowerLink sockets of the BeoSystem 3 that you know works (for instance one of the BL5s). You need to be positive that the PowerLink cable is ok. If there is no sound from the BL10, the speaker has a problem. If there is, it is the BS3. The service manual mentions a status LED (in the connector well), did you check that? bl10 Regards, Johan

Thank you Johan. What you suggest makes sense and is obviously logical. I completely missed the status LED when I read the user manual. I shall this week take the front grill off the BL10, take the speaker off the wall mount and check the LED first. Then I shall test using a BL5 power link cable in the BS3 and swap it to the BS3 centre speaker socket. As you say, this will eliminate whether it is a cable problem or speaker itself. I will report back as soon as I can. Many thanks

Jakes
          SILVER Member

PS: Is there somewhere I can access these service manuals ? Of course I am not competent but I may be able to take it to a competent electronics technician.

Tignum
            GOLD Member
              • Netherlands

Hi Jakes, these are available under ‘Main Web Site’, then when you go to ‘Products’ you can find a link to hundreds of manuals and service manuals. But you need to be a Silver or, better, Gold member first to access them.

Hope you can find the issue. They are wonderful speakers

Regards, Johan

Jakes
              SILVER Member

Thank You Johan,

I did as you suggested. I checked the power link cable which worked on one of the BL5 front surround. So the cable was not the problem.

I then took the BL10 off its mount. I noticed the LED status was red. I switched off all power. Removed the Power cable and power link cable for 5 minutes. Then plugged everything in again and it all worked fine. It must have been the thermal protection circuit that was activated.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Tignum
                GOLD Member
                  • Netherlands

Great to see that you got it working again. Thanks for reporting back, and even more for becoming a Silver member! Much appreciated.

Anonymous

The Sound Enhance setting will have no effect on the audio signal at its middle setting. Use speaker groups and sound modes · Press LIST, then mceclip10.png or mceclip11.png to bring up Sound in the BeoRemote One display and press the centre button.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.