Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram CD7000 won’t play

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    69er
    BRONZE Member

Hi guys,

I am struggling with a Beogram 7000 CD.

It started with does not read discs, runs after a short attempt in the wrong direction.

i cleaned the laser

Exchanged all capacitors on pcb30 (used also the blue  2103). A little bit better. But still not working.

exchanged the whole pcb from another working bo 7000. Worked

so the error is still on this pcb

exxhanged the two transistors 6124 and 6125

now it runs in the right direction and tries, but does not find the first track and stops

what other part on the pcb should I exchange? I don’t think someone screwed the 3106 or 3146 as everything was super dirty and looked original

best regards

69er

Die_Bogener
      BRONZE Member

Check the wires and sockets… the solder can be broken.

69er
        BRONZE Member

MMh,

i exchanged now also the third transistor on the PCB3, changed also another blue capacitor and checked the sockets. I resoldered some, but they looked good .

no change.

The player starts and then stops after about 10 seconds.

What makes me nuts – it needs to be on this PCB as with another one the player worked well.

What else could it be?

best regards

69er

69er
          BRONZE Member

Anything i could test or do additionaly?

Frank van Rooij
            BRONZE Member

Why does everone instantly starts te change capacitors when things are not working all of a sudden. With this cd player 99% of failing to read disk is a belt problem wich does not put the tray in the exact position. Change belt first…see what happens.

Greetings from Holland

Dillen

I have never seen a tray belt cause a read failure.
                If the belt fails, the tray will usually not open fully – or not open/close at all.
                If the tray doesn’t close fully, the disc will not start to spin.

The symptoms of the disc spinning for a few seconds, not reading and then stopping is a sign of a laser starved of power.
                Replacing the capacitors on the servo board will alone fix this in 95% of cases.
                The last 5% is usually dirt on the laser lens or a combination of the two.

If the disc doesn’t start spinning at all, there could be a problem with cracked solder joints (as shown above) or
                a badly seated ribbon cable for the disc drive.
                The laser itself rarely dies. I don’t recall ever replacing a laser in one of these decks, and I’ve done many.

Martin

Dillen

69er, can you show us a photo of the board (front and backside)?

Martin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.