Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 8002 problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    robbyd
    SILVER Member

Hi there –

new member here… hopefully someone could give me some pointers…?

Have a Beogram 8002 here, (they seem to accumulate), that I’d like to get properly sorted.

when ‘play’ is pressed, the arm just moves right across, as though the arm can’t see the record.

if I press ‘play’ and then manually cue it with the  forward/back arrow buttons I can position the arm; then pressing play will let it drop and play as normal.

I’m good mechanically and can solder, but using an oscilloscope is out of my expertise.

have already changed the servo belt and adjusted the arm alignment etc. The lights are working on the sensor arm and I under the carriage…

The wires are hanging off the mute board, but that’s another job and I don’t see it interfering with the sensing of a disc (could be wrong)…

is there something that would be a likely cause/first thing to check??

best regards

Rob

Dillen
        robbyd
        SILVER Member

Thanks Martin – much appreciated…

you’re talking about the segmented end by the drive belt?

regards

Rob

• This reply was modified 4 days, 2 hours ago by robbyd.
          robbyd
          SILVER Member

Hi again –

this is unfortunately turning into a tale of woe!

Had the 8002 with its case in open/service position and was running the carriage up and down , observing the spindle shaft/sensor end, when it suddenly stopped dead…

main fuse in power supply box blown.

I thought something may have earthed out on the chassis by accident,(my fault) so swapped in a new IR sensor anyway. Got some slo-blo 160mA main fuses – but they keep blowing; sometimes instantly, other times within a second (you see it glow up and then blow).

disconnected the 4x connector blocks from main pcb, so motors, carriage etc not powered, but it still blows. If power supply not connected to main pcb, fuse doesn’t blow…

what would be your guess as to what might have happened?

I can’t see any visible damage to components on the board, or in the tin box, but obviously can’t look at any voltages there because the fuse blows every time..

thanks in advance,

Rob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.