Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 2000 (5244) Speed changer issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RIB2906
    BRONZE Member

Hi everyone, Does anyone know if the speed changer mechanism for a Beogram 2000 type 5244 is available anywhere as a spare part? My almost 30 year old deck is grinding away and the speed changer arm seems to be the problem. I’d really appreciate your help.  Thanks!

(Title edited to read Beogram 2000 rather than Beogram 200) Dillen

Dillen

You don’t replace it – it must be taken apart, cleaned and lubricated. It can all seize up
        in dry lubricants.
        New idler wheel, new lifting arm friction pad and a new belt.
        The motor will almost surely also need new bearings in order to run correctly.
        All of these parts are available.

Martin

RIB2906
        BRONZE Member

Hi Martin, thanks for the advice. May I ask for your help with two things please? Any idea where I can source the parts? Secondly is there a recommended lubricant? Many thanks, Richard.

Dillen

I like to use a teflon-based oil called “Liquid bearing”, but any good long-term oil or light grease would be fine.

Parts here.

Martin

RIB2906
            BRONZE Member

That’s really helpful – thank you!

I had the motor replaced a couple of years ago so I think that should be fine but I have noticed the re-assembly of the parts was wrong with inversion of Spacers causing some impacts which I have now fixed. I don’t have the service manual so may I ask for your assistance with one more question please?  Please see the attached image from Beoparts of the idler wheel underside. My question is should the end of the lifter arm fit into the slot in the side of the brass bush or does the brass bush sit on the idler arm held in place by gravity? In the slot appears to make more sense.

Many thanks,

Richard

Dillen

The lifter arm with the small pad should work in the groove, so it can lift and lower the wheel.

Martin

RIB2906
                BRONZE Member
                  1. Thank you very much Martin. That confirms what I thought it should be. I’ve ordered a replacement small pad as it is missing. Possibly disintegrated. Thanks again. Much appreciated.
                  2. Richard
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.