Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCenter Beocenter 9500 turns off

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    harmster
    BRONZE Member

Hello everyone,

I am the proud owner of a beocenter 9500 and used it daily for years. Now it wont turn on anymore, well it will bit immidiatly shuts off (volume lowers and then switches off). Ive unplugged every cable and I think its broken. Is anyone familiar with this problem? I want it repaired. It served me well and deserves to be repaired. I live in the Netherlands if anyone has an contact per chance?

KolfMAKER
      SILVER Member
        • The Netherlands

Maybe BeoBuddy can help you (Utrecht area).
        If you look for his name, you can send him a PM.

Die_Bogener
        BRONZE Member

The BC9500 is similar to the 7000 system… and 5500/6500/7000 amplifier have a problem with the potentiometer of the “no_load_current”.

If it fails, the current is so high, that the emergency cutoff is activated.

Replace the pots, around 100 Ohm… measure the adjustment of the pots, remove them, replace them… start around with the same position of the pots… take FOTO !

The 7000 uses this adjustment… it’s 7000, not 9500. But very similar…

noload

Dillen

The BC9500 is similar to the 7000 system… and 5500/6500/7000 amplifier have a problem with the potentiometer of the “no_load_current”. If it fails, the current is so high, that the emergency cutoff is activated. Replace the pots, around 100 Ohm… measure the adjustment of the pots, remove them, replace them… start around with the same position of the pots… take FOTO ! The 7000 uses this adjustment… it’s 7000, not 9500. But very similar… noload

Replace the trimmer and adjust according to the service manual!
            Referring to a defective component makes no sense.

Do the other channel as well, as it will also fail sooner rather than later.

Martin

Beobuddy
            FOUNDER Member

All of the above is good advise when it indeed is about the BM7000 and former series with their discrete build amplifiers.

The BC9500 has a simplified amplifier consisting a STK module without the idle and offset trimmers.

The reason the BC9500 shuts off is most off the time caused by voltage on the output due to a malfunction in the powersupply or defective STK module.

Die_Bogener
              BRONZE Member

You are right, there is the protection unit with TR201/202 and TR401/402 against DC voltages on the output…

harmster
                BRONZE Member

Sorry for the late reply. Ive been on holiday. I am not very familiar with the electronics. Is it feasible to get it repaired and if so, is it doable to do myself or should I find someone?

Thanks in advance.

Die_Bogener
                  BRONZE Member

Hmmm, yes. It is better to find someone, since it is not so easy to open the system. The BC9500 has a lot of bolts and parts…

You have a voltmeter?

Check the output with no signal with and without connected speakers. AC and DC voltages… left and right… muted and nonmuted…

Tell us the reading.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.