Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    andbe
    BRONZE Member

Guten Morgen zusammen,

ich benutze zur Zeit eine Beo4, würde jedoch gern meine Beo5 aktivieren,jedoch diese spricht leider nicht mit dem Beovision 7 und auch nicht mit dem BeoSound5 / Beomaster.

Weiss jemand Rat wo ich das Zauberknöpfchen finde um die Beo5 so einzustellen damit mein Fernseher und Musikbox angesteuert werden?

Gruss Andreas

Stoobie
      GOLD Member

Please excuse me replying in English.

You will need to program the Beo5 using the Configuration Tool on a computer.

On the Beo5/Beo6 forum there are some posts that have links to download it.

Good luck

Stoobie

andbe
        BRONZE Member

Hi Stoobie, thanks to the feedback.

The software I have already installed, this also functions partially. I can transfer some changes to the Beo5. However, there remain some questions when launching the software: The server cannot be found! Please select “work offline” and try again.??? Which server cannot be found??? When I work offline, I can set some new settings and transfer them to the Beo5. However, I miss the option N.Music, N.Radio and SAT. How can I tell the Beo5 to work with the Beosound and BeoVision?

Greeting Andreas

Stoobie
          GOLD Member

Hi Andreas,

With the configuration tool (CT), you must always choose “work offline”. The server is the B&O server that dealers connect to, to save the configurations they make. This is not available to the public this is why it is not found.

Are you confident with the CT? I can tell you how to use it from step 1.

I will open my configuration tool this evening and take a look to see if I can assist with your N.Music and other issues.

It would help to know how your BV7 and BS5 are connected. You have to be very precise when setting up the Beo5. The software needs to know how they are connected. It will ask if they are in the same room? What speakers are connected and are they connected to BV7 or to BS5? What peripherals are connected to TV (AppleTV or Sat Tuner etc) are they controlled by PUC? What inputs are they connected to?

It will also help me if I know what buttons on your Beo4 you use currently.

It is all very confusing to begin with, but does make sense eventually.

Stoobie

andbe
            BRONZE Member

Good evening Stoobie,

ok with the “work offline” I was already on the right way. I’m still practicing with everything else.
              BV7 with satellite tuner, DVD, and soundbar type 6210??? is not related to
              Beosound5 and Beomaster5 with CD player and Beolab 8000.
              The devices stand together in the same room
              Beo4:
              controls Light: LC2
              controls SAT: Beovision 7 with DVD and soundbar
              controls N.Radio & N.Music & CD Player: Beosound 5 and CD Player Beomaster 5 incl. Beolab8000

Thank you very much in advance Gruss Andreas

Stoobie
              GOLD Member

I am sorry Andreas, I can’t help with BS/BM5. I think if you search on Archive Forum 2012-2022 (Link at top of forum) someone may help.

This link seems to deal with your issue

Link

Stoobie

Stoobie
                GOLD Member

Hi Andreas,

I have tried your setup on my configuration tool (CT), I attach a PDF of each step.

Good luck

Stoobie

(added PDF twice in error – both are the same)

andbe
                  BRONZE Member

Thanks for making it so great. Since I am at home at the moment, I will immediately sit apart with it. I have another question, or maybe you know who can help me. The question would be why does the BS5 or BM5 not show me from every saved CD or just played the cover? If it is retrieved via online it should work because the radio also runs flawlessly and without interference!
                    Greeting Andreas

andbe
                    BRONZE Member

good morning
                      thanks to your description, I have already come a long way. The TV reacts very well, only the BS5 with Master does not run. The transmission power of the remote control is also poor, I have to be directly on the TV so that I can operate the TV. will change the Beosound settings again.

Thank you greeting Andreas

Stoobie
                      GOLD Member

I have to be directly on the TV so that I can operate the TV

I wonder if your Beo5 might be in “Dealer Mode” which reduces the IR range. I will give instructions how to check

Stoobie
                        GOLD Member

To check if the Beo5 is in deler mode go ito the Settings menu by pressing the red dot button and GO (center button) together.

You should be on the SETUP screen

call up the numbers page by pressing + on the bottom of the screen. Then press 00 GO (center button). You will see Dealer Option on screen. you need to press Normal Mode on the left and it should be red.

Hopefully this will restore the IR range,

Stoobie

andbe
                          BRONZE Member

Good morning,

I first had to deal with the BeoConnect and BeoPlayer. So I would like to say a big thank you back. You were right the Beo5 was really in dealer fashion. Thanks to your great description, I changed it.

Thank you nice weekend
                            Greeting Andreas

Stoobie
                            GOLD Member

Hello Andreas

I am very glad you were able to change your Beo5 from dealer mode. Hopefully the IR Range is as good as your Beo4 now.

In your earlier post you say your Beo4:
                              controls Light: LC2 = Does Beo5 control LC2 now?
                              controls SAT: Beovision 7 with DVD and soundbar = Does Beo5 control SAT now?
                              controls N.Radio & N.Music & CD Player: Beosound 5 and CD Player Beomaster 5 incl. Beolab8000 = Does Beo5 control N.Radio & N.Music & CD Player now?

Regards

Stoobie

andbe
                              BRONZE Member

Good morning Stoobie,

turning off the dealer mode was just the right thing, now the transmission power is also great.

The TV (DVD) works perfectly.

Did not find the LC2 equally LC2 and with N.Radio and N.Music the same is because there are several of the same e.g. N.Music. I then tried different ones offered in the software.

LC2 now works perfectly, N.Radio I switched to radio in the BS5 and of course on the Beo5 also on radio. What I haven’t found yet, why the radio stations in the display of the Beo5 don’t harmonize with the BS5. N.Music can also be turned on, but I can’t use the different stored CDs yet.

Greeting Andreas

Stoobie
                                GOLD Member

Hi Andreas,

It sounds like you are doing very well with your set up. Congratulations.

I do not have BS5 so do not know how the Radio Stations should look and harmonise.

Can I please ask you to confirm that your remote is definitely a Beo5 and not the newer Beo6 which has WiFi and connects to the BS5.

If it is the Beo6 you my need to look at getting it to connect to harmonise the radio stations.

You might wish to start a new discussion in the Beo5/Beo6 forum where other users can assist you better than me 🙂

Stoobie

andbe
                                  BRONZE Member

Good morning Stoobie

now I had to compare, but no the Beo5 is a Beo5.

Greeting Andreas

Stoobie
                                    GOLD Member

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for checking your remote. Unfortunately the Beo5 and BS5 don’t communicate 2-way so the Beo5 radio stations cannot harmonise with the BS5. You have to manually put what is on the display on BS5 onto buttons on the Beo5. The station logos can sometimes be found in the configuration tool or taken from the internet but might need some “photshop” work first.

Stoobie

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.