Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Apple TV 4K Settings

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Vedet
    BRONZE Member

Thank you, Sandib!

I have figured out, as it seems to me, this issue. The problem is that Simon Weir mistakenly referred to the modification of the HDMI cable as UHD 2, created specifically for eARC. In fact, we are talking about an Ultra-high-speed HDMI cable, called UHS, which has Generation issue No. 1 and No.2. So, the Gen No.2, was created specifically for eARC. Therefore, Simon Weir’s mistake is that he wrote UHD 2, but he should have written UHS 2, then everything becomes logical and understandable.

I have only one question left – which of the brands, manufacturers is the leader in the production of HDMI cables in order to purchase a decent quality cable?

Sandyb
      BRONZE Member

Thank you, Sandib! I have figured out, as it seems to me, this issue. The problem is that Simon Weir mistakenly referred to the modification of the HDMI cable as UHD 2, created specifically for eARC. In fact, we are talking about an Ultra-high-speed HDMI cable, called UHS, which has Generation issue No. 1 and No.2. So, the Gen No.2, was created specifically for eARC. Therefore, Simon Weir’s mistake is that he wrote UHD 2, but he should have written UHS 2, then everything becomes logical and understandable. I have only one question left – which of the brands, manufacturers is the leader in the production of HDMI cables in order to purchase a decent quality cable?

Indeed, my assumption was that UHS 2 was the intention – I’m not aware of anything such as UHD 2 or whatever it even means.

But it’s pretty clear, a certified Ultra High Speed cable is all you need.  My installer put in the cables for me, so I cant remember the brand – but the idea of the the certification is that anything with that certification will be fine. I wouldn’t over think which brand to get to be honest.

Millemissen
        BRONZE Member
          • Flensborg————Danmark

IMG_0787
          I used some off Amazon, when I installed my Theatre/LG combo a year ago – definitely not something expensive or fancy.
          As long as they are certified, they will be good.

MM

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.