Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision About using Beovision 7 in a cinema system.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member
      • Liverpool

I want to check if this plan will work, and I know it’s likely the experts on here will know.  I’m pretty confident I’ve got this right, but I would like to check.

I want to use my BV7 to control a cinema system.  This is what I have:

• Beovision 7-32, Mk3
      • Beolab 7.2, mounted on the BV7 stand
      • Beosound 4
      • Beolab Pentas
      • Beolab 6000s
      • Beolab 7.4

This is what I think I can do, but I need a short-throw projector to replace my current ‘normal’ one, and before I go spending money on that (and possibly a BL2 or BL11 subwoofer), I’d like to make sure this will work!

• I leave the BL7.1 connected to the BV7, and use that when I am watching TV normally – the BV7 will be in the corner of the room, so I will only use the BL7.1 for sound when watching that
      • I connect the Beolab Pentas as front speakers and Beolab 6000s as rear speakers, to the BV7
      • I connect my newly-bought Beolab 7.4 as a second centre speaker to the BV7, and that will go in the centre of the room
      • I set the BV7 to Opt.2
      • I use the BV7’s sound settings to set up a main sound system for watching TV – using the BL7.1 only
      • I connect the projector to the BV7’s VGA output, and switch to Cinema mode using Format 0
      • I then also use the BV7’s sound settings to set up a second sound system for Cinema – using the Beolab 7.4 instead of the Beolab 7.1 as the centre speaker, and using the BL Pentas and BL6000s too (Speaker 5 setting)
      • I also have my Beosound 4 connected via ML, and that will be in Opt.0
      • I use the Sound options on the BV7 to use only the Front and Rear speakers when listening to audio sources (Speaker 4 setting)

Before I go spending another £1000 or so on eBay, have I got this right!?  I know that the VGA output on the BV7 won’t give me a full HD picture on the projector but it’ll be good enough, and I do intend to also geta  Beosystem 3 Mk2 for full HD, when I can find one at thr right price.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.