Home Forums General Discussion & Questions 4 x Beolab 5 digital in/out via Beosound 9000

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by oli.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jg1976
    BRONZE Member

So I thought I’d try to digitize all four of my Beolab 5s and unleash their full potential. I have simplified a drawing of what my setup looks like.

Tried yesterday and the attempt was unsuccessful, there was a delay on the speakers that did not play in time.

So, 3.5mm sync cable, will that help and how do I connect this between my four speakers?

Masterlink and Powerlink run through Bang & OIufsen patch panel in a server room.

Any advice is gratefully received..

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      L1no
      BRONZE Member

The Sync cable is only used to sync volume.

oli
        BRONZE Member

indeed, sync cable not needed in your setup as volume and switch on/off of the speakers is done through PL.

This delay is strange, as it should work as you did connect the whole thing, to me.

Are you sure that the delay is not coming from the distance of some speakers from your listening position ? you need to position yourself at equidistance from the 4 speakers, at least try this to check if my assumption is correct

Jg1976
          BRONZE Member

Yes, the delay is very noticeable. So the different speakers play with different delays.

I was somewhat surprised that it didn’t work. If I connect only two it works perfectly..

oli
            BRONZE Member

I would double check that the whole Option settings (V-OPT, A-OPT and L-OPT) is correct on every item, maybe you have some speakers using the digital connection, maybe others using the Powerlink from the TV via the Masterlink. It would explain such a noticeable delay

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.