Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Reply To: BeoLink Converter 1611 Innovative Configurations

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab BeoLink Converter 1611 Innovative Configurations Reply To: BeoLink Converter 1611 Innovative Configurations

Madskp
GOLD Member
    • Denmark
    • Topics Started 35
    • Total Posts 805

One little update regarding the MCL/PL connector in the BL3500.

I have been a little confused since Keithe mentioend that the PCB’s wasn’t changed when the MK2 version was made. Especially the pinout differences between the MCL connector and a PL connector was illogical where the signal and GND pins are different

MCL PL

Also Peter Pans drawings indicated that (MKI top MKII bottom):

Peter pan

I looked at the wiriring diagrams in the servicmanuals for both the MKI and MKII several times and notices that also here the signal pins and the GND pins is reversed (MK1 top, MKI bottom):

LCS9000

BL3500

So I thought if the PCB’s are not changed can the pinouts be reversed. I had earlier made a   mini jack to DIN conenctor like the Peter Pan one for the MK1. So I tried to switch the pins and put the signal lines on pin 3 and 5 and the GND on pin 1 and 4. Activating the BL3500 with the Menu+0+4+GO and the sound is comming through and I can’t hear a difference between that pinout and the pinout I had before.

So as for signal lines this suddely makes it very similar to the powerlink conenctor.  It doesn’t make us wiser on the 5V power on thing, but it might be a piece of the puzzle

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab BeoLink Converter 1611 Innovative Configurations Reply To: BeoLink Converter 1611 Innovative Configurations

• You must be logged in to create new topics.