Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoPlay Beoplay V1 Reset to Default and Update

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Vincent Möller
    BRONZE Member

Hi Beoworld,

I am struggeling with updating my second hand bought Beoplay V1.

It currently has Version 1.0.5.34211 installed.

No updates are provided via internet anymore, but customer service very kindly provided the latest software update as a download file to me in order to update via USB.

It is a file named A3.1.0.11.37484_signed.bin

I formated an usb stick and put the file on as it is:

“no new updates” in the USB-Software update menu (setup menu/service/software update/check for updates/from usb)

I then unpacked the file on my windows PC, it contains many folders, and put the entire content on the stick in order to try the same thing. again “no new updates”.

What am I missing?

Furthermore I do not know how to get into the “advanced settings menu” (as named in 51-page Beoplay V1 customer guide),

nor into the “customer service menu” as stated in online available

BeoPlay V1-40 MKII, Type 9505 – 9508, Service Manual – version 1.0:

“Press the MENU button on the remote control to get into the ‘Setup Menu’, and then press RED button and within 3 seconds press the Centre button.”

Pressing the red button on my Beo4 remote from beeing in the main menu, or from beeing in the setup menu (not 100% clear to me), and then pressing the centre button (joystick) quickly or slowly but still within 3 seconds, holding it for longer or not – nothing happens, the TV is just turning of.

Again, what am I missing? Is there maybe someone here, who could describe to me in detail how to get into the customer service menu of the Beoplay V1?

I would like to reset the TV to default before updating, in order to have a clean sheet.

Thank you very much for any help! Very much appreciated!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.