Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCord Beocord 6500 tray pulley service

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pepps
    GOLD Member
      • Kent, UK

Hello,

I have a very noisy and sluggish tray mechanism to repair on a new-to-me Beocord 6500.
      The central pulley needs attention – I wonder if someone can confirm to me if there is supposed to be just a nylon washer on here between the pulley and the metal clamp it’s bolted to?

The photo I’ve included shows the rather beaten up state of a nylon washer which was coated in grease. I plan to replace with something similar.

Or is there a better way to sort this out?

At the moment as the drawer moves in the large black pulley tilts and scrapes on the metal bracket. Now it didn’t leave the factory like that  😀

Does anyone have a photo of how the tray pulley mechanism should be?

beocord6500_traypulley

Many thanks and kind regards,

Julian

Dillen

There should be no nylon washer – but in some Beocords you will find a bronze spring plate.
        Does the large pulley wiggle on the metal spindle?
        Has the thread on the spindle been damaged?

Martin

pepps
        GOLD Member
          • Kent, UK

There should be no nylon washer – but in some Beocords you will find a bronze spring plate. Does the large pulley wiggle on the metal spindle? Has the thread on the spindle been damaged? Martin

Hi Martin – yes the large pulley does wiggle on the metal spindle. And on those wiggles the scraping noise occurs. The thread is ok as far as I can see.
          I shall remove the nylon and see how the pulley reacts.
          A small bronze spring plate should be easy enough to come by so thank you for that suggestion.

Dillen

Perhaps the spindle hole in the large pulley is worn out of shape from using a wrong belt (too tight)?

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.