Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Adapting Ortofon OM-Series for SP Turntables – Small Batch Coming Soon

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Territorial_
    BRONZE Member

Hi everyone,

I thought I’d share a little update on a project I’ve been working on recently. I’m developing a production-quality adapter for SP-connected turntables, specifically for the Ortofon OM series cartridge. The goal is to create an adapter that matches the exact geometry and tracking force specifications of the OM series, with a tracking force between 1.5g and 2g.

I’ve designed the adapter to require only minimal modifications to the original turntable, making it easy to install while maintaining the authentic feel of the equipment. I’ve been testing it on Beogram 1202 and 3000 turntables, and the design follows the original style, including a transparent needle holder.

I’m not sure if this is the right place for a project like this, but I thought I’d share it here to gauge interest. I’m planning to produce a small batch of 10-20 units to start with. If you’re interested, feel free to reach out via private message

– I’ll be gathering a list of those who would like to be notified or involved.

Edit: I will add images when we get the final production-quality housings out.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.