Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoPlay Beoplay V1 indicator is blinking red

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bo Lydmand
    BRONZE Member

Hi everyone,

We recently moved to a new city and therefore our Beoplay V1 was taken off power for a couple of days.

After connecting it to power again, the indicator is just constantly blinking red – nothing appears on the screen. Once every 5min it will blink green once. Found out that it needs a pincode

We couldn’t find the old remote anywhere so I went and bought a used Beo4 for it, since I couldn’t connect the app to it due to it not being connected to the new network.

On the Beo4 I went to the LIST + standby menu -> Configure -> Video? -> Video 1 (tested on 2 and 3 as well).

But it doesn’t seem to take any input from the remote, what am I doing wrong?
      Or is it a different issue with the Beoplay?
      I’ve had it connected to power for a day now without touching the remote just to be sure it wasn’t locked or anything.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Madskp
      GOLD Member
        • Denmark

If it is a Pin code request it should show something on the screen to let you input the pin code.

What remote did you use before?

Using af Beo4 it needs to be one with the little joystick to navigate the menu system on the TV.

Bo Lydmand
        BRONZE Member

Hmm. Nothing appears on the screen. Its just blinking red on the indicator all the time – no change. Been connected to the power supply for 10hours.

It is in fact not the one with joystick. Was thinking I could at least still pair it and just turn the TV on. Do you think the one with Joystick will turn it on?

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark

The Beo4/joystick version will not help as long as the tv does not turn on.

Do you have the tv connected to the home network – if yes, please see, if it appears in the B&O app. Maybe it can be turned on from there?

MM

Madskp
            GOLD Member
              • Denmark

Just to add to that. Even if the TV has not been connected to the B&O app before it should be possible to connect the V1 with network cable to your home network and discover the TV in the app provided the PIN code do not interfeer with that. I have not tried this with a pin code enabled V1 myself

Vincent Möller
              BRONZE Member

Hi!

I had a similar problem. for me this helped:

Press the red button an LIST on the remote to enter its Menu.

go to CONFIG? –>VIDEO? and switch between VIDEO 5 and VIDEO 6

I dont remember what I chose, but after changing from one to the other, my remote worked again with the TV.

I hope this helps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.