Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLink Hall Audio’s ML Streamer Kickstarter

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member
      • Liverpool

I should start by saying I am not in any was associated to Hall Audio, and I am posting this for entirely selfish reasons.  I really want one of their ML Streamers, and they only way I’m going to get one is if their Kickstarter is successful!  I have been keeping an eye on this device and was their first backer, I was so keen.

If you have B&O equipment from the Masterlink era, then this seems like a really good streaming solution that allows you to use your B&O remote to control the streaming content (that’d be Spotify for me, playing through my Beosound 4, and some link speakers.).

I’ve gone for the ML Streamer but there is also an ML Streamer Pro, with extra features.

If you’re interested, here is the Kickstarter link:

The ML Streamer – B&O MasterLink Reimagined by HALL AUDIO — Kickstarter

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark

Nowadays I (apart from a BSys 6500 set behind a Converter) have no more masterlinked products in my setup.

But – if I still had – I would gladly support this project….seems to be some cool products coming.

MM

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
        BRONZE Member
          • Toronto, Canada

I have a beosound 9000 that I’ve connected an essence mark2 and  I connect my speakers to the essence and not the 9000.  With this setup I can play any net radio to the speakers (bypassing the 9000), Airplay etc.  Multiroom also works.  Basically the 90000 is used just to play the CD’s which is does wonderfully.  Would this device offer any advantages if I connect to the 9000 and used it over the essence?

CharlieWednesday
          GOLD Member
            • Liverpool

I’ll be honest, I’m not sure if it would offer much advantage to you, as the Essence is probably doing a lot of what the ML Streamer would do.  How are your BS9000 and Essence connected?  I’ve never owned an Essence so I’m not familiar with the connections it has, but I know it does not have Masterlink.

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg————Danmark

This is basicly about piping ‘new/modern’ sources into an existing ML setup.

A clever solution, yes – but it seems to me that it comes 5 years too late, since a lot of  the B&O users already have converted to Network Linked products (NL was introduces more than 10 years ago). Or they have (as Severed… found other ways to do what they need.

MM

CharlieWednesday
              GOLD Member
                • Liverpool

Agreed, but some of us (like me) will never move away from our CDs and vinyl – NEVER!

I have a house full of B&O now and it’s all Masterlink, or the older audio aux link.

I did consider getting an Essence MkII myself in fact, but I think I would also need an NL/ML converter to make that work, and it looked a bit complicated, and much more expensive than the ML Streamer.  I’m also wary of how long the Essence MkII will continue to be supported, given its age already.

This is what I have, most of it Masterlink, so you can see why, for me, the ML Streamer would be useful:

• Beosound 4
                • Beogram 3000
                • Beocenter 8500
                • Beogram 8500
                • Beovision 7-32 with Beolab 7.1
                • Beovision 8-40
                • Beolab Penta MkIII
                • Beolab 6000
                • Beolink Passive with Beovox CX50
                • Beolab 3500
                • Beolab 2000 x 2

Then some extra bits:

• Beocom 1401, with the A/V base
                • Beocom 6000 x 3
                • Beotalk 1200
                • Beo4 MkIV
                • Beolink 1000 MkIII
                • Beolink Converter 1611
                • Beolink PC2

Then a few items currently unused:

• Beogram RX2
                • Beogram CDX2
                • Beocenter 4000 (a current restoration project)
                • MCL2A
                • MCL2AV
                • Beolink Converter 1614
                • Beolink Active
                • HDR1

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
                BRONZE Member
                  • Toronto, Canada

To B&O defence they are still supporting and updating the firmware of my Essence Mark2 as of a week ago.  It NEVER gives me any problems with the 9000 and the essence remote is a nice addition too.  The Essence really has all the features we expect like Airplay 2, streaming and multiform so Im not too concerned about support. If someday they stop adding features I feel I need I will just replace it with a new or old Core.

CharlieWednesday
                  GOLD Member
                    • Liverpool

Ah that is good to know, thanks. If Hall’s Kickstarter is not successful, I’ll look for an Essence Mk2, and an NL/ML Converter so I can connect it to my Beosound 4 (or possibly to my Beocenter 8500, using a 1611 converter).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.