Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Change of ownership at Classic Audio

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    classic
    FOUNDER Member

Change of ownership at Classic Audio.

Classic Audio is now 24 years old, and I have had the pleasure of seeing the company grow especially in recent years.

I am now 80 years, and think it is time for someone else to take over the company.

It is extremely important to me that Classic Audio continues in the same spirit and with the level of quality.

I contacted Dick Andersson in March 2023 with a view to him continuing Classic Audio. I know Dick as a customer at Classic Audio, and I have been able to follow him on Facebook, where I have seen the passion Dick has for the fine classic B&O classic products.

Dick Anderson and I have now been working together for over a year so that Dick can continue Classic Audio, and I am absolutely sure that the customers will experience a service and quality that is at least as good as today.

Dick Andersson takes over Classic Audio on 2024-07-01.

Frede Kristensen

mexking
      BRONZE Member
        • Mexico city

Congratulations to both of you. Frede thank you for finding someone to take over Classic Audio and Dick thank you for doing this. Both of these true gentlemen has been active on Beoworld as long as I remember, always helpful and sharing their profound knowledge of B&O.

tamtapir
        GOLD Member
          • Sweden

When Frede in his email in March 2023 asked if I was interested in becoming the new owner of Classic Audio, he surely understood that he started lots of parallel thoughts in my head. As I had just then started a process and a plan for how I could help other B&O enthusiasts with refurbished systems, Frede’s suggestion came very timely. My started process and my plans had to fall by the wayside and instead I focused on how he and I would move forward.

After countless emails, exchange of information and several visits to Venø outside Struer, the time has come: Classic Audio now has a new owner and new management:

My name is Dick Andersson, 63 years old and living with my daily work in Örebro, Sweden. Here I live a good life with my love Monica and my dog Iris.

Since 2012, I have shared pictures and my thoughts about the beloved devices from Bang & Olufsen on ny Facebook page I named ”Beomaster”. The page’s description is ”This is no longer an addiction. It’s a freak show” and that’s probably how the page has been perceived from time to time. The many nice systems and devices that I wrote about and showed pictures of there (I still have most of them) probably suggest that the collection has probably passed ”addiction”!

Since autumn 2023, I and my things have been in suitable premises a short walk from my home. Here I have a showroom, demo room, workshop, warehouse and office, and here I am happy to receive visits from anyone who wants to experience good examples of the best Bang & Olufsen could offer during the 60s, 70s and 80s.

When I met and spoke with Frede, I was struck by his desire to be able to perform the perfect sound and also to be measure and present it in numbers or a graph. To do this, Frede has worked out methods that then resulted in Classic Audio’s famus Certificate. All Classic Audio products are certified in this way.

High quality and innovation are characteristics that distinguish Classic Audio. Rarely do you see such well-executed craftsmanship or documentation of the same class as with the certificated products from Venø.

There is a lot to live up to for a follower and I will do my very best. To begin with, I will continue Frede’s work, in his spirit, with the intention to broaden the product range to more model series in the future.

With me, I already have the passion for these uniquely designed machines and I have a good knowledge of how they work and should work. It remains to put this into practice!

Thank you Frede, for everything you have done for our beloved devices! Now I feel the responsibility to continue your work.

Dick Andersson

mexking
          BRONZE Member
            • Mexico city

”This is no longer an addiction. It’s a freak show”

Collecting B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle. Again good luck Dick

chartz
            GOLD Member
              • Burgundy

Hi Dick, Frede,

What a nice surprise this is!

An active Beoworlder that takes over such a reputable company is wonderful news.

Good luck to you Dick, and a happy and well-deserved retirement to Frede.

Jacques

MrRoast
              BRONZE Member
                • Nottingham, UK

Just reading this delightful news and wanted to wish each of you well for the future!

Peter
                FOUNDER Member

Frede is one of the kindest men that I have met. I still have fond memories of meeting him and the splendid hospitality he showed. I treasure my Beomasster 4401 he gave me and the Beolab/Master 5000 that he restored for me and the unique Beogram 3000 Thorens. He also lives in a fabulous house in an idyllic location which we have visited a couple of times and it was always a pleasure. I do hope you enjoy a long and happy retirement.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.