Home Forums General Discussion & Questions B&O App version 5.90

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    YannChris
    FOUNDER Member
      • Brittany, France

Hello,

Installed and noticed that all sources previously available in my NL/ML converter have disappeared.

So immediate roll back to previous version.

Regards,

Yann.

IMG_3983

Stephen
      BRONZE Member
        • Switzerland

B&O have done a shit job on the app since about v5.3. It’s been going on for many months, maybe even a couple of years. I lost track. I don’t understand how such incompetence can persist in a supposedly ‘high end audio’ company. I don’t think they even test the beta updates of the app. They just fire them out to loyal customers with Test Flight, who have to suffer the endless frustration.

It’s disheartening to read the reviews of the B&O app in the Apple App Store. If I had read those before I had invested in a B&O system, I would probably have gone with Sonos!

YannChris
        FOUNDER Member
          • Brittany, France

Same thing for Theatre:

IMG_3985

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark

Pretty annoying – especially, when you know that the Source List previously was pretty crippled.
            This in one step backwards, again.
            I did report that…..every beta tester should!

I know that this is beta!
            However, that should not have happened 😠
            Hopefully they will get it sorted soon, otherweise you can roll back to the previous version…..or use the regular version.
            Alternatively you can – as I prefer – use the BROne (at least for the BS Theatre)

MM

YannChris
            FOUNDER Member
              • Brittany, France

After further checks:

– no source selection on Theatre, Beosound 1 and NL/ML Converter.
              – sources selection available for Beosound Core.

Already reported through the app.

Yann.

Millemissen
              BRONZE Member
                • Flensborg————Danmark

On Theatre there is a difference between short press and long press by the Listening Positions and the Sound icons….
                …in case you haven’t noticed.

However, there was no explanation that this is so.

MM

Millemissen
                BRONZE Member
                  • Flensborg————Danmark

By the way – if this can be of any comfort – the troubles we have with the app changes, is nothing compared to the trouble, that Sonos users apparently have with their new regular app after the update.

MM

Yossi
                  BRONZE Member
                    • France ??

Sonos ? Not the same price tag …

Stephen
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Switzerland
                      On YannChris said

After further checks:

Yann.

Confirmed. I have a relatively simple system, just a Core and Halo with wired Beolab 1 speakers. B&O app v5.90 seems to work as it should.

Stephen

Stephen
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Switzerland
                        On Stephen said
                        On YannChris said

After further checks:

Yann.

Confirmed. I have a relatively simple system, just a Core and Halo with wired Beolab 1 speakers. B&O app v5.90 seems to work as it should.

Stephen

Correction. The search function in Deezer no longer works. All I get is an error message. It was clearly too much to expect that the new version of the app would function as it should.  Back to v5.8.

Attachments:
                        You must be logged in to view attached files.
                        YannChris
                        FOUNDER Member
                          • Brittany, France

Hello Beoworlders,

New version available: 5.9.0.240515…

Sources are back.

As I do not use Deezer, I cannot test the search function.

Kind regards,

Yann.

Stephen
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Switzerland
                            On YannChris said

Hello Beoworlders,

New version available: 5.9.0.240515…

Sources are back.

As I do not use Deezer, I cannot test the search function.

Kind regards,

Yann.

The Deezer search function works again but now the play queue doesn’t. Impossible to delete anything from it. It’s pathetic! I am starting to hate B&O. Thankfully, I still run v5.3 of the app on my Mac and it works just fine…

Stephen

Millemissen
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Flensborg————Danmark

I am wondering why there is a difference in the UI, whether you are on a beta on the iPad or on an Android phone.

On the Android thingy the buttons (in the second/third row) are sized correct and and are all labelled, not on the iPad…..how am I to know that the round icon means Sound Modes 🤔
                              Also they still not explain that there is a difference between short and long press there….do we have to guess to know that?

IMG_0940

Am I the only one using an iPad – how does it/the beta look on an iPhone?

MM

Sandyb
                              BRONZE Member

@MM

On my iPhone, the (beta) app shows the only the round black circle as well.

I have no stand in my setup, and therefore the app doesnt show the curly stand move icons. Without the stand arrows, it seems the app moves up the alarms icon to the 2nd row, and shrinks the Sound Modes icon to just a black circle – i.e squeezing 3 icons onto one row.

As you point out, the labels disappear from the icon – leaving the user to guess or just have prior knowledge.

But the essential issue is that the app spreads 4 icons over two rows, or 3 icons onto one row.

In my case with no stand, I can sort of see why (there are no stand arrows), but in your case Im not sure where the arrows are in your iPad app version. Even my iPad version (beta) shows a squeezed 3 icons, and an unlabelled black circle for Sound Mode.

Stephen
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Switzerland

I just installed v5.9.0.240516566. No change from the previous version that I can see. Despite the claimed ‘Deezer playback improvements’, it is still not possible to delete tracks in the play queue. I have no idea what the putative improvements are.  Back to v5.8 for me……

Maniax
                                  BRONZE Member

For users who have Deezer Hifi, how do we know using the B&O app whether it is streaming Flac quality or not?

The app used to display Deezer Hifi or Deezer Flac to indicate this, but it’s missing now for the app.

Stephen
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • Switzerland
                                      On Maniax said

For users who have Deezer Hifi, how do we know using the B&O app whether it is streaming Flac quality or not?

The app used to display Deezer Hifi or Deezer Flac to indicate this, but it’s missing now for the app.

I hadn’t noticed that it’s missing, to be honest, but same with me. Something else that disappeared or they forgot to put back when they updated the app. Like the ability to delete tracks from the play queue. One step forward, two steps back. Mind you, since they released v5.4, I don’t actually know what the steps forward are…

Millemissen
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • Flensborg————Danmark

I see no changes either for my use.

Can any one tell us, what it is that has changed?
                                        Would be nice to know what to test 🤔

MM

Stephen
                                        BRONZE Member
                                          • Switzerland
                                          On Millemissen said

I see no changes either for my use.

Can any one tell us, what it is that has changed?
                                          Would be nice to know what to test 🤔

MM

The damn app has been testing my patience for a long, long time! 🤣

Beofile7
                                          BRONZE Member

That damn app tested my patience beyond anything acceptable! So much so that I have just bought a Halo so the app can kiss my ahs!

Now I just have the issue that I need to change sources all the time between Core and BL50!

I think the “Glory Days” are long gone, the company just cannot get anything right?

In days of old everything worked seemlessly. Now everything only half works?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 53 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.