Beomaster 1900 Tuner issue

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums BeoWorld around the world! Nordic Beomaster 1900 Tuner issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JAOLSEN
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 2

My BM1900 have now got a problem listening to radio (Tape/Phono input works fine – no issue there);

When turning on the FM (doesn’t matter if it FM5 or one of the presets) the radio comes on ok. But after a very short while it gets noisy like it is not tuned in correctly. The signal fades away and instead I hear “hiss” noise. If left on it will from time to time come back fine for a minute or so and then fade away again.

I have checked all the DC Voltage checkpoints (2TP13-2TP16) and while not exactly the correct values I will say within 2-3%. Also no obvious soldering issues and antenna connector seems ok.

Any Ideas where to look next?

Dillen
        • Topics Started 3
        • Total Posts 593

Are all electrolytic capacitors in the tuner area reasonably new?
        If not, that would be a place to start.

Martin

JAOLSEN
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 2

Seems like most Electrolyts are already replaced, however I will have a look at the one in the Tuner it self and then the 6 in the Stereo-decoder afterwards.

Thanks

Dillen
            • Topics Started 3
            • Total Posts 593

I have seen stereo decoder ICs fail in Beomaster 1900. – It’s rare, but it does happen.
            However, a failed IC would usually cause complete silence (or slight permanent static), and that’s not what you experience.
            Your symptoms (or those of your Beomaster to put it more precise) could point to a
            thermal problem, – a capacitor, perhaps – but it could also be something else.

Next time it loses a station, try tuning around and see if the lost station can be found near the original point of tuning, as that could point to a drift problem.

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums BeoWorld around the world! Nordic Beomaster 1900 Tuner issue

• You must be logged in to create new topics.