Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Beosound A9 5th Gen noise and stuttering

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lalune
    BRONZE Member

Hi All,

I’m currently waiting on B&O technical support to get back to me regarding these issues and I wanted to see if others are experiencing the same thing with the new B&O Beosound A9 5th Gen.

I have 2 issues with both units I bought: there is a constant faint static/chirping noise coming from the speaker whenever it’s not in standby mode (it sounds like interference from the CPU). It’s not loud, but it’s a noise floor that can be heard one meter away from the speaker. The 4th Gen I had before is silent in comparison, at the exception of a faint white noise in the background that can be heard really close to the speaker.

The other problem I have, which is more annoying, is that the music will randomly stop playing for a fraction of a second. It just cuts out. Both units do the same thing; it happens maybe once or twice every hour or so. I’m streaming Deezer music within the B&O app. This never happened with the 4th Gen either.

I sent B&O the logs and I’m wainting on their feedback. I’d like to see if other users are experiencing the same thing.

Hiort
      BRONZE Member

Have you tried to connect A9s cabled to see if the problems remain? (assuming they are on Wifi now)

Lalune
        BRONZE Member

The static/chirping noise is always present regardless of the source. It starts as soon as the device is taken out of standby mode. Regarding the music briefly cutting out, I haven’t reproduced the issue with USB-C but I sent B&O a bunch of logs with the exact time stamp where the stuttering occured. They’re investigating the issue.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.