Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Multiroom source does not release “slaves”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Hiort
    BRONZE Member

I wonder if anyone experience the same problem.

Scenario: My M5 is started in the morning using the timer. A bit later I go down to the kitchen and tap on my BS1 GVA. By that I join the source on the M5. After that I may add M3 in my bathroom and/or M3 in my office.

When I later leave the house I close all devices by using the B&O app, shutting all devices to standby.

Problem: When I come home, I then tap my BS1 GVA and expect that to play from its own source. It does not. It starts playing from the M5, and the link symbol is shown in the app.

Sometime the BS1 does not play at all, and I have to use the app to start the play.

It appear as the “master” does not release the “slave”. Its the same if I use M3 as the Master.

Anyone else see this behavior?

I think this started with the latest ASE platform update.

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark

Did you change these settings recently?

Have a look here.

MM

Carolpa
        BRONZE Member

I wonder if anyone experience the same problem. Scenario: My M5 is started in the morning using the timer. A bit later I go down to the kitchen and tap on my BS1 GVA. By that I join the source on the M5. After that I may add M3 in my bathroom and/or M3 in my office. When I later leave the house I close all devices by using the B&O app, shutting all devices to standby. Problem: When I come home, I then tap my BS1 GVA and expect that to play from its own source. It does not. It starts playing from the M5, and the link symbol is shown in the app. Sometime the BS1 does not play at all, and I have to use the app to start the play. It appear as the “master” does not release the “slave”. Its the same if I use M3 as the Master. Anyone else see this behavior? I think this started with the latest ASE platform update.

Hiort, your right! All my devices do show this behaviour after a minor updates.

For example: yesterday evening I played the BG400o on my Shape connected to a BLC. If I give a play command on the Shape today (white triangle on the black player ribbon) it starts the last played source, the BG4000.
          It works with all sources this way now: so also BLC connected sources. But for some, to me unknown reason, some sources are more persistent then others. On a strange way the “a.tape7000” starts unexpectedly.

I’m still figuring out, how the system exactly reacts.

Hiort
          BRONZE Member

Did you change these settings recently?

Have a look here.

MM

I have the “classic user interface”

Hiort
            BRONZE Member

Hiort, your right! All my devices do show this behaviour after a minor updates. For example: yesterday evening I played the BG400o on my Shape connected to a BLC. If I give a play command on the Shape today (white triangle on the black player ribbon) it starts the last played source, the BG4000. It works with all sources this way now: so also BLC connected sources. But for some, to me unknown reason, some sources are more persistent then others. On a strange way the “a.tape7000” starts unexpectedly. I’m still figuring out, how the system exactly reacts.

Interesting! I also had that “unexpected start” happening.
              I think (but Im not sure) that this issue came with the August update of the ASE platform.

Will report to Support to see what they may say.

trackbeo
              Blocked

I can’t help you on the current versions, which I avoid with a passion.  But previous versions of the BS1 firmware had a timeout: After stopping playback, if you pressed the top button on “some other” BS1 before the main (i.e. first-activated) playing BS1 had gone into a sleep mode, it would continue playing from the “household source”, i.e. what was playing on the first BS1.  But if you waited “long enough” (whatever that was) then tapped the top of “the other” BS1, it would start playing from its own first-selected source.

The behavior you describe means B&O are trying to emulate the classic interface with new software and firmware, and have not considered all the edge cases.  Report this behavior as a bug.

Hiort
                BRONZE Member

The behavior you describe means B&O are trying to emulate the classic interface with new software and firmware, and have not considered all the edge cases. Report this behavior as a bug.

Agree.
                  I have reported to B&O support. Lets see what they say.

Carolpa
                  BRONZE Member

The behavior you describe means B&O are trying to emulate the classic interface with new software and firmware, and have not considered all the edge cases. Report this behavior as a bug.

Agree. I have reported to B&O support. Lets see what they say.

Is this a bug? After some thoughts I would say not.
                    If you set the BLC “Primary” connected to your BS1, the ML sources connected to the BLC becoming sources of the BS1. So when you start the BS1. it starts with the latest played source.

Thus not a bug but a choice how the system should react.

You could skip setting the BLC as primary on the BS1 and add the BLC separately to the B&o app.
                    Open the B&o app, chose the BLC and select the ML source to be played. Then join the BS1 and/or M5

Hiort
                    BRONZE Member

Is this a bug? After some thoughts I would say not. If you set the BLC “Primary” connected to your BS1, the ML sources connected to the BLC becoming sources of the BS1. So when you start the BS1. it starts with the latest played source. Thus not a bug but a choice how the system should react. You could skip setting the BLC as primary on the BS1 and add the BLC separately to the B&o app. Open the B&o app, chose the BLC and select the ML source to be played. Then join the BS1 and/or M5

Thanks for your input Caropla, but there is no BLC or ML involved in my setup.

Carolpa
                      BRONZE Member

Thanks for your input Caropla, but there is no BLC or ML involved in my setup.

Sorry I mixed up things because of the Master and Slaves mentioned.
                        In Netlink there are no Master and Slaves.

Still is it a bug? The settings are now that a device is always starting with the last played source.
                        Is is convenient? Is it the right philosophy? I’m still not made up my mind if it is right or wrong.

trackbeo
                        Blocked

(a) Yes it’s a bug, *if* they are trying to emulate their original user interface, as they have claimed, by so-naming it.

(b) Yes it’s inconvenient now/new, because formerly you could attach to the “main” playing source, but there’s no way in their new regime to return to the device’s own “original” source, i.e. as setup for that given device in its own internal ordered-list of sources, without using the app and !@#$%ing around.

Consider this example: Device #1 has been “primed” (by using the app), to shuffle-play DLNA of all tracks in a particular genre.  (“Jazz in the bedroom”)  Device #2 has been set to play TuneIn of the local news radio.  [Or, if you insist, B&O-Radio, foo.]  (“News in the shower”)  That’s what you want, every single time you enter that room and press The Button.  But tonight, Party! on Device #3, you want to play hip-hop throughout the house so you add the other two devices (and maybe more) — not by running around and long-pressing each, but rather in the app.  Either way you did the add, once Device #3 is silenced, come tomorrow morning you want the rest of your house performing as you first set it up.  The problem comes in *how long* that timeout should be before devices #1 & #2 revert.  It worked fine before, whatever they did choose, and if they made standby on device #3 force it I don’t even know, and never had to learn because it seemed to “just work”.

Hiort
                          BRONZE Member

I have done yet another factory reset of my M5 including removing from app and adding again.
                            Now its seems actually to work as expected i.e “releasing” the BS1 after everything is put to standby. I have to do some additional tests to finally verify.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.