Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Beovision 10 rescue from death

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    matador
      • Paris France

Hi everyone,

There is a Beovision 10-32 for sale for a little around. Of course the screen is dead and the sound part is advertised as “working”.

I wonder if anybody has managed to do something with a dead BV10: swapping screen, changing panel or maybe a part not so rare to find, etc…

I know I’m a bit lazy on making an extensive search on the old forum and I apologies for that, but I feel like the TV will not be available for long.

Thanks.

Hiort
      BRONZE Member

Original screen is Samsung, but special for B&O and not available any longer.

I have not seen anyone being able to but anything else in the cabinet. Don´t think its worth the hazzle.

Beofile7
        BRONZE Member

I have one as a bedroom TV and would be totally p11sed if it went u/s. To me this is a somewhat modern TV? My Beovision LX6000( bought new in 1995) is still going 100% with no mx ever! The world is simply going backwards!

BeoChecker
          BRONZE Member
            • Switzerland

If sound, operation and backlight of the panel are OK, then a BV10-32 has almost always a defective Pcb. 15 MEMC (Part 8005458) and not a defective Panel. This module is responsible for the image feed to the panel.

matador
              • Paris France

If sound, operation and backlight of the panel are OK, then a BV10-32 has almost always a defective Pcb. 15 MEMC (Part 8005458) and not a defective Panel. This module is responsible for the image feed to the panel.

Ok, sounds like good. What would this mean in terms of reparability?

I’m ignorant in that matter but I suppose any TV has a module that is responsible for the image feed to the panel. So would it be possible to replace the electronic from there? Dont know if I’m clear…

Madskp
              GOLD Member
                • Denmark

Ok, sounds like good. What would this mean in terms of reparability? I’m ignorant in that matter but I suppose any TV has a module that is responsible for the image feed to the panel. So would it be possible to replace the electronic from there? Dont know if I’m clear…

Looking at the servicemanual it seems like replacing this part is a matter of unscrewing the back panel of the tv, disconnect three cables, unscrew 6 screws and replace the PCB with another and put it all back together.

Without research my guess would be that getting the new part could be the hard part.

Of course the function of the backlight has to be confirmed before getting into this

BeoChecker
                BRONZE Member
                  • Switzerland

Looking at the servicemanual it seems like replacing this part is a matter of unscrewing the back panel of the tv, disconnect three cables, unscrew 6 screws and replace the PCB with another and put it all back together.

Yes this is how it is done. Relatively simple.

The module is no longer available. You need a used one or a Bang&Olufsen dealer can send the defective module to the factory in Struer where it can be repaired.

Ruwi
                  SILVER Member

Hi beochecker

last night our BV 10 32 gave up: sound ok, screen black!

Is there a chance to repair it?

Since we like the design of the BV, has anybody build another TV set into the body of the BS 10 32?

Best regards

Ruedi Wild, Switzerland

vikinger
                    BRONZE Member

Just spotted this thread after posting on my BV11 with similar problems.

What happened to the B&O idea of the dealerships having suitcases of modules to effect quick diagnosis and repair?

The risk is that the BV10’s and BV11’s have lcd screens reaching the end of their useful lives, and an expensive module swap or repair may not extend the life of the TV very much.

Graham

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.