Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Troubleshoot: Beolab 5 will not calibrate and it pops

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pjop
    BRONZE Member

Hi,

I have a pair of beolab 5. One of them will not calibrate (I have for I while ago posted for that issue with no solution). The very same have now started to pop when it goes from standby. Any ideas what to try?

Cheers,

pjop
      BRONZE Member

Any ideas?

pjop
        BRONZE Member

Can anyone point me in any direction?

Leosgonewild
          BRONZE Member

I had the same issue. It started the calibration process, but it would just do the two or three first low frequencies before it aborted.

I swapped the microphones, and the issue was duplicated to the other speaker.

I did however have a failing chassis also (the midrange had no sound), so I ended up with a chase swap and a new microphone.

Now the fugged up thing with this is that they are MK1. One speaker had already had a chase repair (swap), and the geniuses at the factory in Denmark had replaced it with a MK3-chassie. So now I am running one Mk1 speaker with software 1.6x, and a MK3 with software 3.6x

So what messes up this now is that when they are off, the MK1 stays red, but the MK3 goes completely off after a few seconds.

Only fix is to downgrade the MK3 to 2.6x

Anonymous

Hi,

the serviceguy that install the repaired chassie

should have adjust it so the stby leds behavior

is the same!

Anonymous

Hi,

to pjop

call your nearest dealer to have it repaired

likely one of the amplifiers are faulty then

calibration cannot be made and also the the other fault related to amplifier faults

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.