Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Beogram 4004 short circuit?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KarlBP
    BRONZE Member

Hello,

I am new around here (and new to stereo equipment, too) and just got my hands on a sweet Beogram 4004. I duly tightened the transport screws and transported it to my house today. so far so good.

When i got home I loosened the transport screws again, plugged it in to the power, and pressed start. Everything worked, the record spun and the tangential arm started moving over the record. once it is over the record it stops (perhaps as it was about to lower the arm?) and simply stops working, as if someone pulled the plug. Now, i cant get it to do anything, regardless what buttons i press. It is always likely that something could have happened when i was moving it, but it is weird that it worked for a short while.So my question is; what could possibly have short-circuited? I barely did anything.
      (also, is there an easy way to know what if anything in the record player is powered?)

jfrancis49
      BRONZE Member

Hello Karl,

I am not a real savy tech person, but until someone with more knowledge steps in I will give you my thoughts on your problem. You should at least see a light on the control panel, left side for 33 rpm if the table is getting power when you push the start button. If the capacitors have not been replaced, they probably are the first thing to go after 40 some years. There is a fuse box in the back left side under the top plates that you could check. If a fuse was blown there was probably a good reason however.

Depending on where you live, there are people who could service the table, if you have no basic soldering and electronic skills that might be the best course of action.

John

jfrancis49
        BRONZE Member

Also there are mechanical parts that need to be cleaned and properly lubricated that may be part of your problem.

John

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.