Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Cdx blowing internal fuse instantly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kawasakiinit
    BRONZE Member

Hi guys please can you help.

I purchased my cdx from someone who has recapped it on the power board but it’s blowing the internal fuse(the solder in though hole one) I’ve noticed some of the new caps seem to be the wrong way round with the positive going to ground on the board. Does this matter on this board and would that blow the fuse?

Sorry I’m a novice trying to learn

Thanks

Dave.

Die_Bogener
      BRONZE Member

Every wrong polarized cap will make a short, even small ones.

… and if small enough: a very nice BANG!

Dillen

Capacitors working with negative voltages will often have their positive pin to ground.
          Check before assuming it’s wrong.

Martin

Kawasakiinit
          BRONZE Member

Thanks guys

Really sorry for my lack of knowledge I’m just trying to learn .

I’ve manged to get a schematic for this power board and indeed the caps are correct as they are .

Are there any common fuse blowing issues with this unit I should look into . I have today taken all the mosffets ? off the heat sink and am now waiting for my component analyzer although i think they are ok as the board actually doesnt blow the fuse when the other boards are not plugged into it. the plug that does blow the fuse is the one that goes to the disk drive , Any ideas please ??

thanks again Dave .

ps what is the component that goes from the board where the  audio cables are soldered on to the heat sink (mosfet screw ) googled it but nothing ??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.